How to dump factory titles (including CTRAging)

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Sono, Jun 7, 2019.

?
  1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sadly no

100.0%
  1. Sono
    OP

Sono The MCU Deity

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    Austro-Hungarian Monarchy
    Notice: in this tutorial when I say "3DS", I mean any kind of 3DS, including 2DS, new3DS, and even XL and LL editions.

First you need a decrypted ctrnand_fat.img beause that's what ff.exe can process.

Convert ctrnand_full.img to ctrnand_fat.img (requires knowledge of hex editing)
    Getting ctrnand_fat.img using a sighaxed ntrcard booting Godmode9 (hardmod alternative*)
    Getting ctrnand_fat.img from an existing NAND backup using Godmode9 (requires big SDCard, but very easy)
    Getting ctrnand_fat.img from an existing NAND backup using ninfs (most complex but works well, fast and convenient after setup)

Now that you have a ctrnand_fat.img, you can finally scan it for factory titles!

Doing the ff

Do not open this, and do not follow. This is for those who have very big difficulties with the text-based tutorials.
    Video tutorial (as a last resort, DO NOT FOLLOW UNTIL YOU TRIED ANY OF THE ABOVE)

2. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    Does this mean that I can dump titles such as 3ds camera or face raiders?

3. Sono
    OP

Sono The MCU Deity

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    Austro-Hungarian Monarchy
    You can already do that with G9 without having to dump your whole NAND :P In fact, I think there is a title dumper homebrew somewhere...
    ...unless you have some pre-1.0.0 ctrnand_fat with these titles on them.

But yeah, if you mount an existing NAND backup then you can dump them using this handy page: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list
    Go to SYSNAND CTRNAND --> /titles/<TID high>/<TID low>, and dump one of the .app files you want according to the 3dbrew page I linked.

4. 98otiss

98otiss certified best girl

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    somewhere
    >ctrnand_fat
    lol

Sono likes this.