Homebrew How to delete basehaxx?

OnMir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any method to uninstall basehaxx on my Omega Ruby cartridge?
I want to change my base's name.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any method to uninstall basehaxx on my Omega Ruby cartridge?
I want to change my base's name.
Try editing with PKHex.
There is no way to modify your Secret Base's name via PKHeX (for now).

There is no way to remove/uninstall basehaxx except for restoring a save file that does not have the hax installed.

(Also note basehaxx's payload is stored in the Picture Data section of the save.)

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please do not spam links to threads you've made across multiple different threads.

I said this in your thread, but I'll say it again here in short: this requires you having already made a backup before you installed basehaxx, and so doesn't really have any use at all to many people. It effectively is not a 'noob-friendly' tutorial, and doesn't 'uninstall' basehaxx in any way, as you're merely overwriting a hax'd save file with one that does not have basehaxx installed.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do not spam links to threads you've made across multiple different threads.

I said this in your thread, but I'll say it again here in short: this requires you having already made a backup before you installed basehaxx, and so doesn't really have any use at all to many people. It effectively is not a 'noob-friendly' tutorial, and doesn't 'uninstall' basehaxx in any way, as you're merely overwriting a hax'd save file with one that does not have basehaxx installed.

Whether they have one or not the point is that IF need be they can start over but keep their pokemon, im an avid battler so my pokemon are more important than my base id rather retain access to battle resort so i didnt restart but if this person is desperate like i was they dont GAF about starting over if it takes that shit off their game so ive provided a way for them to keep their pokemon AND effectively delete the hax. Its definitely noob friendly seeing as ive broken down every step and it can be accomplished by a kid, ive even tested whether you can change bases and rename your base which is also explained so how is it not helpful?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1