Hacking How to copy protected savegames to / from SD?

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

As I reported in the StartPatcher thread here, even with the patches applied to allow copying of those games, I still get an error when trying to copy them back from the SD to the Wii (they seem to copy fine to the SD). Here is the scenario I posted there:

QUOTE said:
when I try to copy them back to the Wii, I get a message saying that "Some of the content could not be copied", and these are the results:

1) Guitar Hero 3 | Savegame in Wii: 3 Blocks
2) Guitar Hero 3 | Copy Savegame to SD: 3 Blocks (copy seems OK)
3) Guitar Hero 3 | Copy Savegame to Wii: above message and resulting in a save of 1 Block

1) Mario Strikers | Savegame in Wii: 2 Blocks
2) Mario Strikers | Copy Savegame to SD: 2 Blocks (copy seems OK)
3) Mario Strikers | Copy Savegame to Wii: above message and resulting in a save of 1 Block

Anyways, now I can't recover those games since I moved them to the SD to test this out! Is there any other way, tool, something that WORKS and allow me to do this? StartPatcher seems to be using the same codes as Preloader, so I'm guessing that wouldn't work neither. In any case, would be a mess to install preloader only to apply that patch (already running Bootmii as boot2 so...).

Thanks!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
this question about how tos with saves has already been answered plenty of times on the forum try using Save Game Manager by waninkoko to extract and restore saves

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Install Preloader then enable the hack for it.
smile.gif

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
this question about how tos with saves has already been answered plenty of times on the forum try using Save Game Manager by waninkoko to extract and restore saves

Yes, I know about it. What I meant in my post was to have something to "apply" (patch) to be able to use those files thru the regular Wii savegames feature. Sorry if I wasn't too clear. Plus, since I originally copied the game to the SD card via the Wii built in menu, now it can't be copied back with SaveGame Manager!

Anyways, does preloader have also a lot of "duped" patches (as StartPatch)? I mean: "No Copy Protection 1/5", "No Copy Protection 2/5", etc...

What do they all mean? Should I use only 1 for each type of patch (which one???), apply them all, a certain combination of them... I've been looking around for this info but couldn't find a definitive answer! Thanks again.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always stick with 3.2U and use GeckoOS 1.7b to copy protected saves it's alot easier and better. It copy's everything VC Suspended Data & Protected Saves!

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... I've tried GeckoOS and set the "No Copy Flag", rebooted and the game (Guitar Hero) still had the Move and Copy actions grayed out, so the No Copy Flag didn't work. I'm on FW 4.0.

So... any ideas? I guess the only thing that works is the Waninkoko SaveGame Manager. Sadly, you have to first created a savegame in the Wii before copying another save from the SD card to it! Anyone know why this limitation? The built in copy function of the Wii doesn't need that so, why does this do?

Anyway... I can't believe that STILL nobody confirmed me if these patches in StartPatch work for them!!!
frown.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
copy protected saves are copy protected because of wi-fi info i think.

so, this info would lead me to believe that it's not copying back over the wi-fi info or something, just the score data and such.

and stop whining about startpatch, it's out of date now and shouldnt be used anymore!

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yes, the problem is the Wi-Fi information. So it copy only 1 block but, for example, Guitar Hero doesn't recognize that as a savegame and when started says that there's no savegame and prompts to create one.

And... what the heck are you talking about??? StartPatch is NOT outdated at all! Maybe you call outdated an application that was upgraded less than one month ago?

You should really check here before posting stuff like that!

alejandroues

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you are right Dan_Aykroyd, the saves cannot be copied from the sd to the wii, but it works the other way around

but the problem comes from the preloader hack, i have tested it

im not a coder, i just did a dirty mod to startpatch based on the preloader hacks, but if the preloader hack doesnt work right, theres nothing i can do.

i think you should ask for help in this topic to pcfree
he is the one that came with the patches for nocopy protection for 4.0
Some works on "NoCopy Protection" for 4.0U, useful information for NoCopy Protection
Permanent patch success for 4.0U savegame "NoCopy", next step would be transfer to preloader hacks.ini

for your problem (restoring you guitar hero 3 save to the wii) i think you can use FE100 Savefile unpacker/packer to unpack the GH3 savefile that you have in your sd and then use Savegame Manager to install the unpacked gh3 savegame in the wii

ps. sorry for my bad english

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your comments alejandro; you've been really helpful!

I sent a PM to pcfree asking about it... will post here when I get something! I think that if this doesn't work properly, then the patch for "No Copy Protection" is quite useless... not to complain (specially not to you since you haven't developed it), but why would somebody use it then? If later you have to unpack the save and copy them through SaveGame Manager, why not use that application in the first place to extract the savegame? You'd be saving yourself from having to unpack the saves!

Anyway... thanks again for your support; will see what I can find out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv