WIP How to convert BOTW mods from Wii U to Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Sasori, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Sasori
    OP

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    CraftyBoss on Gamebanana has shared his method of converting BOTW mods over to the Nintendo Switch. Throughout the day, I will be working alongside his guide to bring both screenshots and also reword his tutorial so that it's a bit easier to follow for the average user.

For now however if you want to work on converting the mods you may do so by following his original guide here: https://gamebanana.com/tuts/12737

Dumping your own COPY of BOTW may not be required. Reading through the guide you're only dumping your game in order to get a file to use as a template. Just reading through it sounds like you may be able to use already converted switch files as this template, provided that they are for the same character/model

i.e. if converting Link skins from Wii U you may be able to use a Linkle switch skin as the base instead of dumping your own Link. This has not been tested yet however.

Updated guide - WIP

Of course all credit to figuring this out goes to CraftyBoss, all I'm doing is improving upon his original guide

Last edited by Sasori, Aug 5, 2018