Homebrew WIP How to convert BOTW mods from Wii U to Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 13,137
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
CraftyBoss on Gamebanana has shared his method of converting BOTW mods over to the Nintendo Switch. Throughout the day, I will be working alongside his guide to bring both screenshots and also reword his tutorial so that it's a bit easier to follow for the average user.

For now however if you want to work on converting the mods you may do so by following his original guide here: https://gamebanana.com/tuts/12737

Dumping your own COPY of BOTW may not be required. Reading through the guide you're only dumping your game in order to get a file to use as a template. Just reading through it sounds like you may be able to use already converted switch files as this template, provided that they are for the same character/model

i.e. if converting Link skins from Wii U you may be able to use a Linkle switch skin as the base instead of dumping your own Link. This has not been tested yet however.

Required Files:

1. Obtain a copy of BOTW either by sailing the seven seas, or by using waincartdumper and dumping your own copy of the game

Of course all credit to figuring this out goes to CraftyBoss, all I'm doing is improving upon his original guide

Last edited by ,

Acid_Ash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DawnWhite @Acid_Ash

way to necro-bump a thread by a deleted user, that was never completed in the first place. I know both of these accounts are brand new, but are you seriously brand new to internet forums?
Has nothing to do with the poster, I'm hoping someone with more experience finds this thread. Hopefully an auto converter comes out for models or an updated guide. I'm sick of relying on outdated info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro