Hardware How to change partition order

Leo Alves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have three partitions on my external hard drive. Two are NTFS, the other is FAT32, with i use for Wii games, apps and GC games.

It used to be the first partition on the drive, but i needed to use fdisk on ubuntu to correct a few things and i ended up using the option to correct the partition order. then my fat32 partition become the third partition on the drive. How can i make the fat32 as the first partition again without formatting it?

Here's how it looks:

kdxFRZp.png

In WiiXplorer and Wii apps fat32 partition is read as usb3, i want it back as usb1 like was before using fdisk on linux

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmmm what you can do is shrink the first NTFS partition from the front so there is some space left over (unallocated space) BEFORE the first ntfs partition. Then create that as a fat32. And then move your Wii fat32 files to the new one. Then delete your old FAT32 parttion. And then extend your ntfs partition to the ulallocated space (the deleted old fat32 space). And resize the partition to your needs. I recommend EaseUS partition Manager Home Edition (freeware).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs