Hacking How to capture GBA VC screen as an image?

stebrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Today I would like to share with my friend the screen quality of GBA VC (red fire). I tried NTR (not the beta one), but it gives no screenshot prompt in the lower screen.

Please dun tell me to us a camera....

Thank you.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering it runs under ABG_FIRM, you'd probably have to modify the firmware itself. Maybe you could mod the ROM to use a larger save file and store the image raw in the extra save space. Either those options or you could mod your 3DS for video out.

Better yet, just have your friend look at a frontlit SP screen. The GBA_FIRM uses crappy filters to emulate the look of the early GBA screens, for whatever pants-on-head stupid reason.

Reactions: migles

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
only way is some kind of hd camera on a tripod. theres no way to make screenshots from gba firm to my knowledge

and in general, the terrible quality of the vc injected gba filters can only be witnessed in motion to begin with

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
@OP to answer your question:

GBA VC games are a no without a capture card installed. However, if you use a GBA emulator you can use NTR firmware to take screenshots of the emulator, or the emulator may support screenshots natively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm