Hacking Homebrew How to add more launch options to Hekate?

Solved

AhsanMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a v2 switch with a picofly I installed. I recently set up 2 emunands/emummcs, and am successfully able to switch between the two if I go to the emuMMC tab in hekate and press the "change emuMMC" option. While this works, I'd much rather prefer just going into the launch menu where I can easily launch into emuMMC one or emuMMC 2 directly, (RAW1 & RAW2 respectively ) instead of having to go to change the emuMMC every time. Now, I did some digging and it seems that the hekate_ipl.ini file is what controls what shows up in the launch menu, but I don't understand what to change to get another option to show up, so I'm kind of lost. Any help is appreciated :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried, but what do I change exactly? I've been successful in having two emummcs show up, but there is no clear way to edit the path, And I still have to change the EmuMMC manually.

You need to learn how to edit your hekate_ipl.txt, your boot options are on that list.

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
backlight=100
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

Reactions: AhsanMC

AhsanMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright everyone, I was successful in doing this as I followed this guide, and copied their hekate_ipl.ini file. (Step 8 in Additional Steps Section). Thanks to everyone who did their best trying to help me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps