Hacking How screwed am i?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A Nintendo Support discs. It wouldn't help you for multiple reasons.

1. It runs on IOS16 and that has been replaced with a stub
2. It doesn't repair the system menu or the IOS it runs on.

In fact it's mostly useless. There is one other support disc that can help with banner bricks, but also not with your type of problem.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't the disc update stop itself from installing if it detects that the wii is already on a higher version system menu or fw?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
KaiWren said:
k, drivekey removed, just got off the phone with big N, they said i'm good under warranty, and when they fix it, i'll have another year. so all in all, some headache, but nothing too awfully bad. hopefully i get a refurb that i can install bootmii on. lesson learned.

Wii's from 2008 onwards can't install BootMii as boot2 only as an IOS. Just so you know you won't have the ultimate brick protection

KaiWren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i know that, my wii was bought in dec of '08. i'm hoping maybe i'll get a refurb with a lower serial, i know it's a longshot, but hey, who knows.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I have been through similar. Indeed, remove the drive chip, as they WILL take apart the wii to salvage its drive, and WILL find drive chips, if there is one installed.

Hard bricking of this sort, they will NOT find any homebrew traces, since that requires them to boot the Wii successfully.

Was through this right around the time 4.0 came out, and I totally failed a downgrade attempt. In general, if you do get a lower serial number that is bootmii capable, it will most likely have 3.2 or earlier installed on it. (It will say which version on the box.)

As with my case, the bricking happened with the system out of warranty, but the tech put it through as in in warranty repair, given how close it was.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Slowking said:
A Nintendo Support discs. It wouldn't help you for multiple reasons.

1. It runs on IOS16 and that has been replaced with a stub
2. It doesn't repair the system menu or the IOS it runs on.

In fact it's mostly useless. There is one other support disc that can help with banner bricks, but also not with your type of problem.

What about an anyregionchanger autoboot disc?

KaiWren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what i've come to understand, nothing short of sending it into the big N will work. I've heard the savemii dongle might work, but i don't have the know-how to repair a full brick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ... +1