How safe is PBT for getting pastacfw?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by masterz87, Jun 3, 2015.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I am looking into maybe getting conception 2's dlc which is just an activator key I guess that then unlocks the dlc in the save file as it's already in game. Since apparently you cannot connect to the eshop in game without updating to the latest firmware which I cannot do atm, and since I don't have cubic ninja/mt-card I cannot run unsigned cias to even atempt to do this thing.

So anyway yeah, if I do the pasta cfw via mset, with fbi instead of devmenu/bbb cia installer how much more dangerous is it? Ihave a full nand backup setup via emunand already.

2. mid-kid

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    Just as dangerous. No difference. sysNAND is sysNAND.
    EDIT: FBI could be considered more dangerous than DevMenu, since it allows you to remove literally every system title from your console.

3. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    well I was hoping there'd be some safe(r) way of doing it as I literaly only need it to do the one file, so I can activate it in game, as most of the dlc is free, the only paid is a way to get stuff earlier that Idon't care about.