Hardware How powerful does the WiiU have to be for you to be satisfied with it?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 23,564
  • Replies 265

How powerful does the WiiU have to be for you to be satisfied with it?

• At least on-par with the PS3/360.

Votes: 58 23.4%
  • About a half-step above the PS3/360.

Votes: 113 45.6%
  • Significantly more powerful than the PS3/360 (1.1TFLOPS+)

Votes: 77 31.0%

• Total voters

Subzero100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How powerful does the WiiU have to be for you to be satisfied with it?

at least better than xbox 360

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It has to be as powerful as a NASA rocket so it can take me to mars while streaming the games to the gamepad :D
That's not good enough! By the time PS4 and 720 come out, they'll be as powerful as the starship enterprise and be able to take you to other systems entirely! The Wii U will be left behind!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to be as powerful as a NASA rocket so it can take me to mars while streaming the games to the gamepad :D
That's not good enough! By the time PS4 and 720 come out, they'll be as powerful as the starship enterprise and be able to take you to other systems entirely! The Wii U will be left behind!

It is too early to say.. Dont be surprised if Wii U can run Unreal Engine 4. It is best not to be assume or guess at all. Just wait and see instead of argument of no fact and no evidence is really silly. Nintendo and 3rd party are still quiet. Be patient. :)

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
And at this point in time, graphics really can't get that much better than they are, since TV's won't support it.
You're mixing up graphics with resolution.
Aren't the two closely related? Like I said, graphics aren't a big deal for me, so I haven't spent much time looking into them.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
And at this point in time, graphics really can't get that much better than they are, since TV's won't support it.
You're mixing up graphics with resolution.
Aren't the two closely related? Like I said, graphics aren't a big deal for me, so I haven't spent much time looking into them.
Well sure they're related but the resolution doesn't dictate how good a game can look (unless you're talking about things in terms of image quality). Resolution is merely what the game is displayed at (number of pixels) while graphics encompass the general look of games.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
My only gripe with the Wii honestly is it's lack of good titles and sub-par graphics (I mean, you can see the polygons at times.) Fix both problems with the WiiU and I'm good. It would be great with some extra RAM and power for homebrew emulators, but I don't think Nintendo takes that into consideration. As for the multimedia aspects, I really don't mind any lack, my current HTPC setup is just fine.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
over 9000 times powerful!
stupidfaceh.jpg

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As long as it's strong enough to hold mainstream third party support and keep up the awesome Nintendo first party titles, I'll be happy.

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I would really like to see the Wii U, being head-to-head with PS4 and XBOX 720. Kinda like the Gamecube/PS2/XBOX. Minor differences, but overall similar graphics. That means it has to support Unreal Engine 4 and Luminous Engine, because by the time the other two competitors come out, these will be the "standard" graphic results.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I would really like to see the Wii U, being head-to-head with PS4 and XBOX 720. Kinda like the Gamecube/PS2/XBOX. Minor differences, but overall similar graphics. That means it has to support Unreal Engine 4 and Luminous Engine, because by the time the other two competitors come out, these will be the "standard" graphic results.
I would say that the Wii U is to the PS2 as the PS4 is to the Xbox. They both have a modern architecture and feature set which means they will support new engines (and UE4). The visuals won't be the same as the PS4 which is a fair bit stronger but it would still be able to show "next-gen" graphics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.