Question How often do you use edit post to fix spelling/grammar mistakes?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure if this was the place to ask but it is about the site and it has a question label so i figured it would fit. I'm asking to fix mistakes like mispelled words, typos, or grammar. Not changing the original post with complete different information. I find it bad that i do make mistake often, but then again, i am not using any guided typing like auto correct or spell check so is hard to notice until i check read it again. Usually after i make the post. I was wondering if anyone else had the same reasons.

Reactions: Raylight

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wasn't sure if this was the place to ask but it is about the site and it has a question label so i figured it would fit. I'm asking to fix mistakes like mispelled words, typos, or grammar. Not changing the original post with complete different information. I find it bad that i do make mistake often, but then again, i am not using any guided typing like auto correct or spell check so is hard to notice until i check read it again. Usually after i make the post. I was wondering if anyone else had the same reasons.
Well, you know that the "I" in the sentences should be "I" not "i". You asked, its not my fault lol

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I have a bad habit of only checking my posts for grammar after I've pressed the Post Reply button.
I always feel awkward when that happens, and try to do the fixing lightning-fast before anyone sees.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how you won't even answer, because you don't want to accept it lol :rofl2::rofl2:
If you talking to me about your previous comment, there is nothing to "answer". You only pointed out i made a mistake and making fun of which is off topic. This was a question i asked to know if others have the same kind of problem i have and you have yet to even state anything about it. So there is nothing to reply to as for anyone else here, also gave me no reason to reply.

Thank you for pointing out my mistake but changing it now won't mean anything since you quoted it and anyone can just see it was edited. This is also about acknowledging mistakes and i acknowledge that i made one, in fact i made several few i didn't bother to correct for several reaons.:mellow:

NOTE: I made another mistake, sam should be "SAME":blush:
It is now with some other corrections.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only edit when I make a typo that could change the meaning of what I'm saying
For example, I would definitely change one sex to one sec

(Or when I need to add extra info, like this edit ironically does)

kabloomz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"....or spell check so it is hard to notice...." :D

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use it a lot, sometimes more than 3 times for one post.

I'm the type that really tries to make every word count and hit hard, or at least, I try to.
If I think I can clarify something better, I'll change it. It's a good habit to have in hacking forums where noobs need everything laid out in as simple terms as possible so they don't screw something up.

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
well, english is not my mother language, so i try my best to be legible as possible, in the other hand, in spanish forums I could not care less if I misspell some words.

Reactions: Ricken
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really comment much on the forum, but when I do, I always end up making a mistake unintentionally. However, I realised that my main problem is actually rushing to comment or post instead of reading what I typed before I post it. Since I started reading what I typed before posting/commenting, I didn't really need the edit feature.

Edit: And now I had to use the edit feature because of actually typing a full stop instead of a comma in my first sentence. So much for not needing it anymore. :)

Last edited by insidexdeath,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: