how much space to leave in MicroSd?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by rjpogi, Mar 24, 2009.

Mar 24, 2009
  1. rjpogi
    OP

Newcomer rjpogi Newbie

Philippines
    as my topic says, how much free space should you leave in micro sd in order to have the flashcart running in full capacity? would you have slowness or lag in games if the memory card is almost at full capacity? any reply is appreciated

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Depends on the flashcart, you will not have lag,s the unit will fail to start as it will corrupt.

When you put on the .nds files, as each starts it creates a .sav file, depending on the card also an option file, cheats? you need to leave room for all.

As a guide I use 1mb per game, most sav files are 512kb although some are 1mb. But 1mb per game should be fine

3. rjpogi
    OP

Newcomer rjpogi Newbie

Philippines
    i have m3DSreal btw, so i won't notice sluggish fps even if my memcard is almost at full capacity? because im having "slowdowns" in GTACTW, im wondering if this is because of my small free space in the card

4. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    It could be the SD card - it will not be the space but the speed of the memory card - class 6 is the best, alternatively you could try formatting your existing card (after backing it up) with Panasonics SD Formatter (free - use google to find) it formats SD cards correctly, not like windows which does not this can speed up the access time

5. rjpogi
    OP

Newcomer rjpogi Newbie

Philippines
    thanks for the help, much appreciated