How much is enough?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Lubbo, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Lubbo
    OP

Lubbo GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence

Oct 16, 2008
    Australia
    Melbourne
    I'd just like to know what your download limit is? how much you download and what? is it enough? i thought this might be an interesting topic

i live in Australia and my download limit is 50gb a month 25 peak 25 offpeak im with TPG - ADSL 2+ $50 a month it goes around 200 - 700 KBs a sec, i just changed from Telstra Bigpond 12gb $70 a month (total rip because my dad chose it and hes a total noob). I'm forever downloading DS, Wii, PS2 Games and movies and i went over my $50 gb limit in half a month

2. ConJ

ConJ The Toker

Jul 18, 2008
    Glastonbury
    Im with AOL here in the UK. My speed isnt that fast, but adequate (3-4 mbit) as i cant get cable where i live. However, I have no download limit. I always look for a provider with unlimited access.

3. Smuff

Smuff Fossilized Gamer

Jul 29, 2006
    By the sea
    O2 here in the UK - unlimited and more importantly no traffic shaping either !
    Currently get 4.5 - 5Meg download speed - have had it at 8.2 during the setup process lol.

4. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    i have no limit.

5. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    As far as I know, there is no download limit on my internet connection. At least I've never gotten any warnings or anything.

6. xShinobi

xShinobi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2008
    Australia
    I have 12GB peak and 24GB off-peak. But my speed is 50 kilobytes/s. I don't have a good modem...

7. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    No limits or shaping here [​IMG]. Connection is 8Mb , wish they'd built the exchange closer to me so I could have 24 [​IMG].

8. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    i never received a warning for breaching my limit, though i think there is one hm..
    and i supposedly have a 7mb connection, but i only get about 3-4mb download and umm 700kb upload. meh it gets the job done

9. zidane_genome

zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

May 21, 2006
    United States
    Me and the wife download close to 500gig a month... never recieved a warning... she likes her Japanese Pop music crap, with all the DVD's (dual layers) and MP3s... and I download a couple of linux distros, and play WoW (with updates [​IMG] )... never got a warning...

We're on a 1meg down, 50k up cable connection

10. Salamantis

Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 20, 2007
    Canada
    I have 400GB per 2 months. (it's actually 200GB/month, but my ISP functions with 2 months, so if I go over 200GB in one month I don't have to pay overusage if I don't go over 200GB in the next month [​IMG])

11. Regiiko

Regiiko GBAtemp Fan

Apr 19, 2007
    Örebro
    in NZ I have 40gig download limit and 256kbit DL but I keep breaking the limit.

then I went to Sweden for 3 months, stayed at a friends who had 30mbit UL & DL and downloaded about 500GB in a month.

it's taking me time to get used to my 40gb limit ._.

12. david432111

david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2008
    Denmark
    I pay for 8 mbits download and 512 kbs upload. I usually get around 7 mbits download and 430 kbs upload with no download limit! Not bad, though I used to get speeds of over 20 mbits in low traffic times, they have started limiting it much more [​IMG]
    I'm upgrading to 20 mbit download and 1 mbit upload next month so I'll see how that goes.

13. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Aug 29, 2007
    20MBps, no download limit. Too bad I never manage to download at my top speed. I guess I'm capped server-side. With uTorrent, the max I got was 1MBps, which is really, really nice for torrents.

14. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    WTF? I can't imagine that you download like 500GB in 1 freaking month!
    Dude, I can only download 36GB in a month, and it's never faster then 500kb/s....
    I can make it, my games get downloaded by other guys and they give it to me then.
    I'm mainly the music/movies downloader, while my friends are gamedownloaders [​IMG]

15. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I'm pretty sure I have no limit... I mean, I download like at least a couple Gbs a day... so by the end of the month, it adds up. Especially now that I started burning 360 games... I've downloaded like 30 games so far, and each is around 6-7 Gbs... so yeah.

16. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Underground
    My internet has no limit as far as I know, but i get 384 kbps.

Needa upgrade soon. [​IMG]

17. Rowan

Rowan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2007
    Cardiff
    unlimited, 10mb download speed [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Biduleman

Biduleman GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2006
    Canada
    Québec
    We have 10Mbits/s download with 100Go for up/download combined. It sucks because I'm sharing it with 5 peoples so I can't dl more than 20Go every months :'(

19. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@
    Doesn't really matter for me, I don't download games/movies/music or whatever. I get 10MB's down, 1MB up and 100GB max, but I don't think I've ever used more then 30GB. I pay about $50.

I can't get any faster where I live [​IMG] .

20. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    I'm almost psotive I ahve no limit since me and my brother used to hit 50GB each a month over the Summer. As for limit, I'm supposed to get 20MB/s but I've gotten it to hit 24MB/s. Upload is 5MB/s but I never use it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice