Gaming how much for jtaging xbox ?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, sadly here on GBATemp I was scammed twice already (got money back once other one still waiting ... hope paypal get it done fast)
now I was thinking about getting an XBoX360 from a normal Store or whatever where I hope to not get scammed -.-V

Problem is I only know of one "shop" which i can only send the XBOX too here in Germany that offers jtagging 360s,
BUT the want 99€ !!!!! (~135$) which seems to be insanely high ...

so question would be how much does it cost to jtag an xbox ?
i do not feel like i am able to do it myself which is why i would have preffered to get a already jtagged one but seems i need to find someone to do it for me ...

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i had a shop doing it for me for 60 euro..
tongue.gif

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well ok around 50€ as tk says would be payable i think but still very expensive ...
what makes it that expensive ? do you need to build in some sort of mod chip or whatever ?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No mod-chip, but it does take a while to do depending on how you do them. I can only get 1-2 done per day. There are various methods of JTAG'ing, I always go for the AUD_CLAMP + transistors method. AUD_CLAMP removes any issus with the RF Board such as the wrong ROL segments lighting up/ wireless controller sync issues. Transistors seem to prevent any boot errors, they disconnect the JTAG hack once the console has been booted and hijacked. You also need U6T1 bridged, a copy of the original NAND, and ideally a USB or LPT flashing cable. USB will normally add £25+ to the price because the USB flashers themselves cost that.

I had somone on another forum ask me to re-JTAG their console to AUD_CLAMP as it was having wireless controller sync issues (I didn't), this was their reply:
QUOTE said:
I jtagged it myself, and just found out the points i used were actually the alternate + smaller points, so i might just try the original standard points.. i also don't use resistors/diodes on my jtags + havent had any problems/complaints so far, and after speaking to felix he even said he didnt use them
wink.gif
Make sure you get a motherboard photo of one of their JTAG's before handing over money.

Remember any consoles with a date later than 22-06-09 on the back are guarenteed not to be JTAG'able, the same applies to any console which has a dashboard version later than 7371. For new retail consoles, the JTAG'able consoles only came with dash 7363 or lower. Consoles from 19-06-09 to 22-06-09 are meant to be risky, the lastest JTAG I have is 19-06-09.

If you hunt around you may be able to pick up a used JTAG'able console, however the supply is drying up as people are updating their dashboards for Kinect. People who are selling them are also updating them even if they don't use them so they can sell them as 'kinect ready'.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cost of JTAGing and xbox is $1 cause all you have to do is install 2 switching diodes and a jumper wire. But then you have to read the NAND and flash it with a hacked NAND.

I've charged 2 people $60 for it, and I just said it takes a long time to do and gets complicated.

But it takes about an hour, just dump the first 2mb of the NAND (twice) takes 20 minutes (over lpt) then flash XELL, read the rest of the NAND, pop your NAND into easyfreeboot maker, and flash it through XELL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-