Gaming How much do you think I could sell this for?

Majorami

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much to me... I personally value my PC at $50, but curious to know what you think I could get for it on Craigslist or something...

Stock:
HP Pavillion Model a1700n.
HP Windows Vista/OS Restore discs.

After Purchase additions:
+ RAM upgrade from 1GB PC 4200 to 3GB PC2 5300
+ Linksys 802.11 b/g Wifi reciever
+ Windows 7 Ultimate

Monitor:
+ VGA-only 17 Inch LCD
+ VGA Box/Switcher. (Allows RCA, S-Video, and YPbPr devices to be used on VGA monitors)

I want to know how far selling my old-PC would go into buying a new Laptop. With the sole exception of desiring PS2 emulation, my current PC already exceeds all my computing needs, and I know that any Laptop I do get is better than what I have now, but without all the bulk.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Including the monitor I think you should get more than $50 for that.. at *least* $100, considering including all peripherals.
I have a system of similar components (but a custom build) sitting in my dads living room as a netflix player. ^_^ You have wifi included with it, make sure you make it clear it's capable of such a thing if you craigslist.

edit: Heck, a VGA box like that is typically $40ish by itself.

Majorami

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say for sure unless you post all the specs.
Too lazy to Google the specs :P
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00820191&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3339286

Pretty much that + 3GB ram + wifi + Win 7.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
heh, that's a nice processor you have there(I have the same one).
I think you can sell it for ~150$, heck I sold my old laptop which had an ultra shitty processor and it over-heated for 120$.

Majorami

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If fast sell is important, I'd say $100-130 picked up, $150 delivered & set-up in your area? Sounds appropriate to me.
It isn't. Its just too bulky for what basic Laptops can now already do: 28 simultaneous open Firefox tabs. Which is all that matters to me asside from PS2 emulation. After all thats sold and done, a $1200+ Laptop might just cost me $800 out-of-pocket. Get on a monthly bill and thats like $60 a month.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, as time passes.. though the value probably won't decay that much more, the demand will definitely decay.
My opinion is that if you don't try to slightly undersell now, the only way you'll get money for it in the coming months is to dissect and sell individual parts on ebay.

edit: hm. OP got banned. oh well.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$150 firm (as is.) Also, say you need the money for school books, or diapers, or whatever sounds logical for your demographic.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill