How did I do with this laptop?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by jDSX, Aug 4, 2015.

1. jDSX
    OP

jDSX *pokes*

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    So a couple days ago my laptop crapped out on me seems to have overheated and BSOD every two mins of turning it on so I went and bought a new one, but after hearing about it I am kinda worried I made a mistake. I want a laptop that I can use for mainly media like watching movies most of the time in 720p and the occasional gaming (older games like kotor, don't starve and mass effect) I saw this lenovo and was kinda forced to buy because of the brand and also the pawn shop wasn't very good. The laptop is very nice for a cheap one it's the B575 model

Specs
    AMD Dual-Core E-450 1.65 GHz Processor
    4GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory
    HD Radeon 6320
    300GB hdd
    windows 7 ultimate (clean installed to 10 enterprise)

Bought for $180, I saw some other ones that were way overpriced with IGPUs hd 2000s mostly. I was looking at the HP stream 11 and an asus one with a atom forgot its name.

What I want to know is should I keep this for everyday stuff that I listed or get my money back and look at something a little better in my price range I can't go with a desktop mainly because I have no room and I travel a lot.

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    My lenovo thinkpad has specs lower than yours, and is working great, so I think you should be fine :)

3. jDSX
    OP

jDSX *pokes*

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, I just need to be sure cuz something in my head is screaming that I could of done better :huh:

4. goober

goober GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2006
    United States
    I think it'll struggle with Mass Effect at times but might still be serviceable there. You also basically paid almost what it's worth so all in all, you did fine.

jDSX likes this.
  5. jDSX
    OP

jDSX *pokes*

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    I'll be playing with low everything if I do ME series again, time to reinstall everything again :(

Last edited by jDSX, Aug 15, 2015
  6. jDSX
    OP

jDSX *pokes*

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    EDIT: sorry if this is late but what would be the intel equivalent to my CPU?

7. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Intel Core i3 3217U probably would be

8. irvinscastle

irvinscastle GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    should be fine