how much anime do you have?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by dragonblood9999, Apr 28, 2013.

1. dragonblood9999
    OP

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    me i have 190 diferente anime, dvds/blu-rays(legally bought), all ripped to my pc(about 500gb)
    all differente types for supernatural to romance to mecha to comedies to fighting to almost every type there is
    what do you guys have and what are some of your favorites

2. darkangel5000

darkangel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 26, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Unna, ~Dortmund :3
    1TB+ - but only a few of them are legally bought, because either:
    - The anime is good but pricey (as in: HOTD from GB: ~18€ on Bluray - HOTD from Germany: ~80€ on DVD/Code Geass+R2 (BD) from GB: ~62€ - CG+R2 (BD) from Germany: ~175€)
    - The anime is shit or
    - The anime is most likely to never come out here or isn't completely released (Steins;Gate, CLANNAD, Hellsing Ultimate, ...)

But whatever, the series I have range from Seinen over Mecha to Shoujo to... yeah, almost everything with the exception of Yaoi/Yuri type anime.

A few of my favourites would be Cowboy Bebop, CLANNAD, Jigoku Shoujo, Ghost in the Shell, Black Lagoon, and Steins;Gate :3

3. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    None. I'm an adult and no longer watch cartoons.

war2thegrave likes this.
  4. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    I have like 2 terrabytes and 50 odd dvds. I haven't actually gotten any new stuff in a while because I don't have the time to watch the massive backlog as it is. Lately I just do manga since I can read it a lot faster.

5. RPG Hacker

RPG Hacker GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Kaperich
    I don't have a big Anime collection because most stuff I either watch on TV or online and, as darkangel5000 noted, Anime DVDs are kinda expensive here so unless I'm really blown away by an Anime I don't buy Anime DVDs. I don't like illegaly "owning" Anime, so I don't have many Anime on my HDD, either.

The only Anime series I own on DVD completely is Eureka Seven because that just so happens to be my favorite Anime. Aside from that I only own a few Anime movies, OVAs and singular Anime volumes. The Eureka Seven DVDs are the only ones I really care about, though.

LOL! That comment made my day! :lol:

6. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Apart from the masses amounts of Yaoi I have...
    None.

7. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    Just 1, Street Fighter II V

8. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I'm actually quite proud of GBAtemp. There was a time when that comment would have incited a weeaboo riot :P

9. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Part of my inner weeaboo died when reading that comment.

Ammako, shlong and wrettcaughn like this.
  10. Xuphor

Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

Banned
    Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but notice the names of people who have a lot of anime are "dragonblood9999", "darkangel5000", and "mysticwaterfall".

Seriously.... just....

Can someone post a humorous gif expressing this? I don't have an appropriate one.

11. Sop

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    Why does it fucking matter I'm not a weaboo.

12. Attila13

Attila13 Praise the Creep!

Oct 11, 2010
    Romania
    Zalau,Romania
    Like @wrettcaughn said, I don't really watch anime any more, or at least not so frequently as I used to. :P
    But I still have like a total of 15TB+ of anime. :O :creep:
    Before you freak out and jump to conclusions please read until I finish.
    I live in a big family and I have like 10 little cousins and almost all are under the age of 10. They visit me very often and I need to "calm" them down somehow, because if they play, after a couple of minutes they start to argue on something and they drive me insane...They're very annoying, so I need to put them some cartoons to keep them "calm". While they're watching they're always staying quiet.

So most of my collection are old classic cartoons from WB and Disney (the good old and original Disney production, not the bullshit are making today). These are my little cousins favorite cartoons, so I have many of the cartoons, so they won't get bored seeing the same stuff every time they visit. :P
    And the rest of my collection are my all time favorites from my childhood. (Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball/Z/GT, Inuyasha, Captain Tsubasa and many more.).

I have many originals on old VHS tapes and CDs. I have DVDs and BluRays too.
    I ripped them all, because it's easier to watch like this and it's easier to organize. :P
    And I have to admit that I got some from za internetzzz too...Only new ones, because I usually download them to check them out before I buy them. :D

13. shlong

shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Jun 18, 2009
    Italy
    Charlotte's maze
    :wub:

no but i think i have just over 1TB, as well as the full NGE series on dvd, with 2.22 on bd and dvd, the madoka series bd and one of the collector's boxsets, eden of the east studio dvd, howl's moving castle on dvd and that's my stuff, my sister has like all the sailor moon series on dvd i think.
    actually i just checked and i have close to 2TB now...*deletes some stuff*

14. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Around 600gb. Would probably have a lot more but getting a girlfriend tends to stop things like that.

As for bought anime, I only have really goodr's. Like the limited edition Madoka Magicka set (3 boxes, each with DVD and bluray disk of 4 eps and a bunch of extras like posters/postcards/bumper sticker).
    Clannad, Angel Beats, Air, Kanon, Ef, etc. Plenty more but I usually only remember the Key stuff off hand.

Only large series in my collection would be Inu Yasha, the rest of it consists entirely of 12-26 ep animes.

15. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    God knows.
    Lets say alot.

16. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    As in legal DVD's/BluRays? Just the complete DBZ and Pokemon box sets. Anime is hard to find where I live.
    Netflix has a crapton of Anime though.

17. BrightNeko

BrightNeko Popcorn ball

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Texas
    I usually buy only what I like by watching legit streams and the such. So I have 18 boxsets including films.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

18. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I have ~14.8gb

Relevant:
    [​IMG]

19. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    I probably have around 2TB if I don't delete some of the anime I watched to make up space for newer ones. I also don't download any series longer than 50 episodes because it takes too long to download and watch, it also takes up too much space.
    I don't own any legal blurays or dvds.

20. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    around 250GB, but I only started watching anime a month or so ago.

I wish I could buy some of the BDs but they're so expensive here (looking at £100 for clannad+after story alone). Student life can't pay for that :(