Hacking How long till the 3DS is hacked?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Jasper07 said:
Yuan said:
FireGrey said:
Well it will be harder than getting into DSi mode that's for sure...
But anyway, if it is hacked we can't possibly download roms...
2GB roms!But it would be nice for a whole community to make 3D applications.
Noone really has experienced 3D and this will boost our experience.
And by not experienced, i meen NONE!Not even real life.
The computer isn't 3D y'know?Hahaha
smile.gif

2GB roms = impossible

You assume everyone uses dial-up internet
closedeyes.gif

maybe the cards are sdxc compatible
biggrin.gif

edit: yay 100th post
toot.gif

A 8~16gb SHDC is more than enough. And I think most games will have 256mb~1gb.

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
Okami Wolfen said:
QUOTE said:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/1...ftware_install/

Does this have any affect? It seems because of this hacking it might be a bit quicker...no?
Kewl. But how will they make sure people aren't just letting their friends borrow games, copying them to the 3DS, and then giving them back?

I think there might be more to it than just installing and passing it around, otherwise you could install it then return it to the store saying it weren't working to get your money back.

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yuan said:
Jasper07 said:
Yuan said:
FireGrey said:
Well it will be harder than getting into DSi mode that's for sure...
But anyway, if it is hacked we can't possibly download roms...
2GB roms!But it would be nice for a whole community to make 3D applications.
Noone really has experienced 3D and this will boost our experience.
And by not experienced, i meen NONE!Not even real life.
The computer isn't 3D y'know?Hahaha
smile.gif

2GB roms = impossible

You assume everyone uses dial-up internet
closedeyes.gif
Yuan said:
Jasper07 said:
maybe the cards are sdxc compatible
biggrin.gif

edit: yay 100th post
toot.gif

A 8~16gb SHDC is more than enough. And I think most games will have 256mb~1gb.

Yes you're probably right. But all good, high-quality games, like MGS, are 1G or more. That means that you can't have that much games on a 16GB cart.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I e-mailed the Acekard team:
QUOTE said:
Hi, the Nintendo 3DS was recently announced at E3. Does the Acekard team plan to create a flashcart for the Nintendo 3DS?
and got:
QUOTEHi,

We will let it happen and please remain to be seen.
smile.gif
Acekard=bad English. "We will let it happen"? Is that a ...yes? I have no clue.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't buy into the whole "oh, DSi mode was never cracked... Nintendo will make the 3DS impossible...etc...etc....herp....derp..."

I honestly think the main reason that DSi mode has yet to be cracked is (mostly) because there's just not that much interest in doing so, and quite frankly there's very little advantage aside from bragging rights for whoever managed it. It's little different from the PS3 in that regard... I mean, what would be done with a PS3 hack? How many people have Blu-Ray burners... or want to pay for the blank media cost?

Similarly, what would be the true advantage to cracking DSi mode? I can only think of one, and at this late stage in the game it's a rather minor one... better homebrew. And even that's more-or-less pointless now that we have flashcarts with built-in processors to take advantage of... and I've heard the DSTWO SDK is going to be released publically for homebrew programmers.

Any other real advantage to DSi mode? DSi-enhanced games can be run perfectly well on any of the current DSi flashcarts, and Nintendo made sure that any DSi feature those games might use isn't essential or particularly important to gameplay. In the year and 8 months that the DSi has been out, there have been a total of 2 DSi-exclusive cartridges. One in Japan, one in Europe, zero in North America... and 50% of those titles is a guaranteed shovelware POS that you wouldn't want to play on a flashcart even if you could. I have no idea about the Japanese title, but a single game out of the thousand+ that can be played just fine is completely irrelevent.

And finally, the real legitimate advantage of a DS flashcart is that it lets you carry around all your legitimately purchased games to play, without actually having to carry around dozens or cartridges with you everywhere you go. Cracking DSi mode might let you store DSi Ware on the microSD, it's true... but really, can't you already store multiple DSiWare titles on a DSi without having to rely on a flashcart? So really, why even bother cracking DSi mode? For a single, Japan-exclusive DSi cartridge? The ability to store DSiWare that you can already carry around in bulk on your microSD? I think not. Whereas cracking the DS and DS flashcarts are partially about ensuring the fair use isn't taken away from us, as consumers, cracking DSi mode and enabling its use on flashcarts would only promote piracy of DSiWare.

The 3DS, though... that will be worth cracking. None of the above things will be possible until it's done, so there'll actually be motivation to do so. Not to say it'll happen immediately, but I'm sure it won't take as long as the DSi's been around right now.

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Well DSi is not hacked yet ..... and 3DS isn't out yet
blink.gif

I would rather have hacked DSi anytime this or next year .... for use of DSi roms in DSi mode. Not as we have it now in DS mode...

And I supose that 3DS will have firmware upgrades so we will have cat&mouse chase as now on Wii and DSi....

First DSi must be properly hacked ...

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kmihalj said:
Well DSi is not hacked yet ..... and 3DS isn't out yet
blink.gif

I would rather have hacked DSi anytime this or next year .... for use of DSi roms in DSi mode. Not as we have it now in DS mode...

Yeah, all 2 of those ROMs... what a joy that would be
rolleyes.gif

Did you actually read my post above?

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
xcdjy said:
Not enough people care about what the additional features of a properly hacked DSi would be for them to do it.
A couple of ROMs and maybe some of the shit on DSiWare. Not really worth the effort.
But when 3DS comes out and everyone starts buying it like with DS, there will be insane amounts of people wanting haxx.
Also, the firmware upgrade "cat and mouse" chase is hardly difficult. Don't update until someone says it's ok or someone says it's ok only if you do such and such. End of.

Very true

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aguyyyy said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Can we wait until the console is out before "when will it be hacked" speculation?
We may not even SEE it for a year to a year and a half.

True, and also the DSi hasn't been hacked yet!

I'm sure the DSi could be hacked, but there's no point really. DSi Ware isn't worth the effort for. The few good games, you could just buy.

Around a year ago, I decided I wouldn't buy next generation consoles until they were moddable. Then after the informal announcement of the 3DS, I knew I would end up getting one.
Before my Wii was modded, I had so many games. Many of them being a complete waste of $50. My brother's PS3 collection at the time was like 7 games, but they were the best games for the system.
I decided even if the 3DS cannot be hacked, I will buy it. I'm just going to buy less games, make wiser decisions, and play them all the way through.

I hated having games like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games sitting in my collection, when I knew I spent $50 of my own money, and I didn't even play it for more than an hour or two.

Element

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kmihalj said:
And I supose that 3DS will have firmware upgrades so we will have cat&mouse chase as now on Wii and DSi....
If that happens, there's nothing to fear about.
3DS have a button that let's you turn on or of the 24h wireless connection.
Then if a firmware comes out, just turn off the wireless and wait 'til someone makes a "protection" to it, and then install the update.
Like we do with the Wii.

And answering the topic.
You know, it's got a HOME button, and there's a rumor of installing games on the hardware.
To me it's like a merge between Wii and DSi.
"Sadly" Nintendo already said that they're reinforcing the security. Probably they're going to put lot of "barriers", like firmware updates, some code that only 3DS could identify it, like Wii does. And maybe every game are going to have a protection like Wario Ware D.I.Y., or Bowser's Inside Story.

We don't know.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I hope it's never cracked. Hacking kinda ruined the fun of getting games for me, even if it was kinder to my bank account. And given how much it looks like Nintendo is putting into this, they deserve the money.

B

ball2012003

Midna said:
I hope it's never cracked. Hacking kinda ruined the fun of getting games for me, even if it was kinder to my bank account. And given how much it looks like Nintendo is putting into this, they deserve the money.
agreed

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
starfox223 said:
How many months/years do you think it will take for the 3DS to be hacked?
After that how long till we see CFW or Flash Carts released?

I saying 1 year to 1 and 1/2 years untill we get something.

And how long will it take for a rotten banana to learn how to juggle?
rolleyes.gif

ball2012003 said:
QUOTE(Midna @ Jun 17 2010, 03:35 PM) I hope it's never cracked. Hacking kinda ruined the fun of getting games for me, even if it was kinder to my bank account. And given how much it looks like Nintendo is putting into this, they deserve the money.
agreed
Well I agree and disagree.
Why do I agree?
"Oooh! This game comes with a booklet and club Nintendo points!"
"The DS Cart looks smexxy!"
"Multiplayer wont be as slow as it usually is on the AceKard!, WOW!!"
And Nintendo gets the money they deserve..
smile.gif

Why do I disagree?
Me:"So mom and dad, when do I get to buy that game I was telling you about?"
Parent: "Oh, I didn't like the look of it. Too much violence!!"
Me: "Pwease?
frown.gif
"
Parent: "FINE. How much?!"
Me: "30 bucks?
smile.gif
"
Parent: " WUT! "

Another reason why I agree:
Meh: "Yo parent, if you gemmeh this 10 buck ak2i ill never have to buy a game again."
Parent: "W00H pimpin'!"

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ball2012003 said:
Midna said:
agreed

They deserve the money, but I deserve to be able to backup my saves to the computer, and many other things that a flashcart or other non-official hardware lets me do. I'll continue to buy all hte 3DS games I play, just as I buy the DS ones; but I hope it's cracked, because that only increased the usefulness and versatility of the DS for me.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
doeo said:
starfox223 said:
How many months/years do you think it will take for the 3DS to be hacked?
After that how long till we see CFW or Flash Carts released?

I saying 1 year to 1 and 1/2 years untill we get something.

And how long will it take for a rotten banana to learn how to juggle?
rolleyes.gif

ball2012003 said:
QUOTE(Midna @ Jun 17 2010, 03:35 PM) I hope it's never cracked. Hacking kinda ruined the fun of getting games for me, even if it was kinder to my bank account. And given how much it looks like Nintendo is putting into this, they deserve the money.
agreed
Well I agree and disagree.
Why do I agree?
"Oooh! This game comes with a booklet and club Nintendo points!"
"The DS Cart looks smexxy!"
"Multiplayer wont be as slow as it usually is on the AceKard!, WOW!!"
And Nintendo gets the money they deserve..
smile.gif

Why do I disagree?
Me:"So mom and dad, when do I get to buy that game I was telling you about?"
Parent: "Oh, I didn't like the look of it. Too much violence!!"
Me: "Pwease?
frown.gif
"
Parent: "FINE. How much?!"
Me: "30 bucks?
smile.gif
"
Parent: " WUT! "

Another reason why I agree:
Meh: "Yo parent, if you gemmeh this 10 buck ak2i ill never have to buy a game again."
Parent: "W00H pimpin'!"
So, you pirate your games because your parents won't buy them for you? Get a job, you prat.
(And parents don't back out at $30 for a game)

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
So, you pirate your games because your parents won't buy them for you? Get a job, you prat.
I'll admit it. The reason I pirate games is because I am underage, don't have a source of money, and my parents refuse to buy me games. Many other people are in this situation. I do not plan to pirate when I'm older and actually get a job. In fact, I've made a commitment to buy every game I've ever pirated when I actually can.
Many parents DO back out at 30 dollars a game. Who wants to spend 30 bucks for a game that your kid will spend 2 weeks on, then return it to gamestop for five bucks and want another one? Yeah, no one.

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xakota said:
QUOTE said:
I'll admit it. The reason I pirate games is because I am underage, don't have a source of money, and my parents refuse to buy me games. Many other people are in this situation. I do not plan to pirate when I'm older and actually get a job. In fact, I've made a commitment to buy every game I've ever pirated when I actually can.
Many parents DO back out at 30 dollars a game. Who wants to spend 30 bucks for a game that your kid will spend 2 weeks on, then return it to gamestop for five bucks and want another one? Yeah, no one.

Hi-five man.
So true..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1