Hacking How long does a flashcart last?

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it could outlive you.

Chances are due to wear and tear it will break at some point. How fast that happens is down to build quality and how well you look after it.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first flashcart which was an r4 ultra which lacked "standby" support and cost about 30ish bucks only lasted 3 maybe 4 months before my DS Lite didnt recognize it (it wouldnt even show a game icon). It also rarely left my DS so I dont think damage was the cause. The only good thing about it was it supported SDHC.

My 2nd flashcart which was an acekard 2i lasted me pretty much 2 to 4 years (i dont remember exactly cause i dont remember when i bought my DSi i know i got it around that time though XD) before it started to be a bit loose in my DSi. (It would randomly freeze cause the contacts would become separated because it wasnt snug) I sold it and my DSi to a friend and told him to use the paper trick to get it to fit.

My 3rd/4th and current flashcart is my Limited Edition GBAtemp Supercard. The reason i say 3rd/4th is cause i FREAKING LOST my original one while preparing another one for a friend who purchased the supercard aswell in class. I bought the one i was preparing from my friend and it is pretty good and shows no signs of EVER becoming loose in my DS or breaking. Only problems are cosmetically cause the white plastic has become slightly discolored with constant removal from my 3DS.

So yeah flashcarts can last a variety of times depending on how well you treat them

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I've had my DSTT for nearly 4 years, recently is having some contact issues, but nothing too terrible. So I'd say if you take care of it, it could last many years.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long is a piece of string?

There are so many variables involved in your question that it's impossible to give you a solid number.
My M3 Simply lasted about a year.
The M3Real lasted for three years and is still working today, in somebody else's DS.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an M3 Simply that still works fine after four years.

And my Acekard 2i is still solid after a year and a half-ish.

So there's that.

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
How long is a piece of string?

Twice the distance from the middle to the end.
nyanya.gif

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many variables responsible for the service life of a flashcart.
My Acekard 2i from 2009 still works perfectly with daily use.

Quite simply, they are like anything else that is electronic, they work until they fail, and your milage may vary depending on how the flashhcart is treated and simply random chance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ