Hacking How large SD card would you recommend?

Lallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll probably go for atleast 128gb then. I'm just a bit afraid to buy a larger one since my last SD card som Sandisk (64gb extreme) just died in my samsung after 2 years and I lost all my data on it. Maybe warranty will help me if I buy a 256gb one...

D

Deleted User

Buy at least 200GB! I have a lot of official games (physical only!) and no "backups" and my 128 gb sd is nearly full! They should have added 500 gb internally xD

Reactions: scroeffie

Kun_ADR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
I have two 64GB and let me tell you, the switch back and forth is killing me. Save yourself some headaches and just buy a bigger card, preferably 200gb+.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll probably go for atleast 128gb then. I'm just a bit afraid to buy a larger one since my last SD card som Sandisk (64gb extreme) just died in my samsung after 2 years and I lost all my data on it. Maybe warranty will help me if I buy a 256gb one...
That's unlucky, usually when they are about to die they become read-only so you can retrieve data asap.

Lallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's unlucky, usually when they are about to die they become read-only so you can retrieve data asap.

Yeah I'll probably go with samsung this time. I'm sure that it happens to both brands but you know, feels pretty bad to buy another SD card from the same brand that just stopped working for me.

However, I'll be going with the 256gb I think!

Lallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Totally. Which is why I would recommend having a few of the good value sizes rather than spending a huge amount on a single large one.

I have a theory that the risk of having the card stop working would be higher if you had to keep touching it?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It pretty much comes down to how much you are willing to pay.

Just avoid all those no-name cheap cards on Amazon which seem too good to be true. They're fakes.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same rule of thumb as when upgrading any storage. As much as you can afford.

Yeah you can use multiple SD cards, but the bigger they are, the less swapping you do. That stands whether it’s backups or legitimate use.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bigger the better. I'm using a 200gb sandisk as well as 2 128gb Samsungs. It sucks having to switch out the cards, but the 400gb cards are just way too expensive right now.

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SANDISK 400GB MICRO SD ULTRA GEHEUGENKAART UHS-I A1 150 euros free shipping stil to expensive / i would buy max 128gb and wait for external hdd support

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SANDISK 400GB MICRO SD ULTRA GEHEUGENKAART UHS-I A1 150 euros free shipping stil to expensive / i would buy max 128gb and wait for external hdd support

Is external hdd support in development or even possible? I haven't been paying much attention to updates so haven't read anything on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Can't forget me fr +1