Hacking How is TN-V PS Vita?

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been waiting for a long time to play FF Type 0 and Valkyria Chronicles 3 on my PS Vita but since I always made the mistake of updating to the latest firmware, I missed out on the hacking scene. With the introduction of the Henkaku, I thought it'd be a matter of time before a 3.60 FW can emulate PSP but it seems it's future with regards to this is still unclear. Thus, I have decided to just buy another Vita on 3.55 FW (because it supports TN-V).

Basically, my question is
1)TN-V a good PsP emulator?
2) Any problems I should know?
3) Does it play PSP games without a hitch (especially for Type 0 and VC3)? Does the game slow down or any technical hiccups that hampers the gameplay?
4) Are there PsP games that cannot be played?
5) What is the best firmware for PsP emulation, 3.18 or 3.55? I'm complete a novice with everything in relation to PsP emulation on Vita so I'd appreciate any tips you think might be helpful.

Last edited by vendettared,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
You can't install TN V unless you have already purchased an exploited PSP game. So you'd need a PS3 at least to activate your new Vita, and to transfer the exploited game.

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey man, thanks for the info. I plan to buy a Vita with already a TN-V installed; do I need a ps3 everytime I transfer a PsP game or just for the initial setup of the TN-V?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)TN-V is not a PSP emulator, it is basically an interface that uses the Vita's built-in PSP emulator to launch PSP ISO.

2)Adhoc and online multiplayer may not connect to other PSP's, aside from that, not really.

3-4)Again, it is the vita's built-in emulator so games run at %100 speed without a hinch and you can play any game.

5)It doesn't make a difference, 3.18 is better because it has TN-X but TN-V is totally unrelated to it.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@reprep I tried playing a couple of games via adhoc between my 3.36 TN-V Vita and my 2 PSP's (2000 and GO) and the PSP's would find each other just fine via adhoc but would never find the Vita to connect to it (all 3 systems were runming the same ISO copy btw).

And I noticed the PS Vita store has some disclaimers like these on some PSP games.

*Certain limitations apply to Wi-Fi connectivity.

Again, I'm not saying it is impossible, just my personal experience with these functions.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Tried adhoc connection many times between psp go and vita/vita tv worked great every time. I even transfer my psp/ps1 isos to my vita through adhoc on psp go as it is more reliable than ftp.

That is my experience though, maybe you got some other factors involved, no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by reprep,

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Say, is it possible to transfer a PSP Savedata to the Vita using TN-V? Take for instance, I want to make use of the extra DLC stuff of VC3 but it requires a particular savedata that it must recognize on the Vita. How can I transfer the savedata in order for the TN-V PSP emulation to recognize it?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Say, is it possible to transfer a PSP Savedata to the Vita using TN-V? Take for instance, I want to make use of the extra DLC stuff of VC3 but it requires a particular savedata that it must recognize on the Vita. How can I transfer the savedata in order for the TN-V PSP emulation to recognize it?

Just take the folder from your real memory stick and transfer it to the same location in the emulated memory stick.

Reactions: reprep

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks man, didnt think transferring it simply was gonna work!

One more question; after toiling for four hours straight, I finally got TN-V working and the Vita now can play PSP games!

What about PS1 Emulation though? How can I install a PS1 emulation on the TN-V on 3.51 Firmware?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks man, didnt think transferring it simply was gonna work!

One more question; after toiling for four hours straight, I finally got TN-V working and the Vita now can play PSP games!

What about PS1 Emulation though? How can I install a PS1 emulation on the TN-V on 3.51 Firmware?

You shouldn't use TN-V for that; it sort of works but it's pretty glitchy. Use TheFlow's PS1 Bubbles.

There's a way to use this by writing games into the PSP/SAVEDATA directory instead of the PSP/GAME directory but I can't find it at the moment

Last edited by metroid maniac,

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, appreciate the help metroid.

If you don't mind another question:

Can a TN-V on Vita (FW 3.51) play adhoc with another Vita (updated to latest FW 3.61, playing a psp game downloaded from PSN store)?

Me and my bro want to relive our days playing Dissidia Duodecim but his Vita is updated to the latest firmware (3.61) so his only choice is to purchase it from the PSN Store while I play on my 3.61 with TN-V. Is it possible for us to connect via adhoc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E