Hacking How is eRightSoft SUPER for converting DPG files?

Examo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So on Wikipedia, SUPER is listed as an easy to use converter for DPG files.

I'm currently using EZbuilder 2007 1.50beta2 (a Chinese software) to convert DPG files, and it works great. So I'm wondering, has anyone tried using the SUPER software to do the conversion? How is the result? Should I switch?

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
u use SUPER for everything, i dont waste time installing smaller other programs. i just keep updating super, and using it for everything, once u find the right settings, super is perfect:D

i didnt tamper with it too much, as i dont use the ds for video, however, it was simple to put one video on (just so i can try..) but i never got to compare it with anything.

hirusho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love Super for every video conversion, including dpg file for nds.I had some problem with BatchDPG some video works but some video don't on NDS. And always need to hunt down some specific video codec to get video working. Bury that in the past and all I need is Super it comes with all codec you'll ever need easy and simple.

vt102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered Super. The program is the best. I have tried batchDGP, but could never get it to work. I used super to convert avi's, and a mp4 with no problems at all. Just install, drop and drag your files, choose what type of output, hit convert, and sit back, and wait for it to finish. Plus the program is free.
biggrin.gif

kulatong

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem on super converter when i finished converting to dpg and play it on dpgplay or dpgshow it only plays for 1-2 seconds. But when i play it on super's player or the "play the last rendered file" option the video plays fine but no audio. I tried playing it on my dslite with moonshell 17.1 and its the same as dpgshow with only 1-2 seconds of playback.

Does somebody have any problems like this or anybody know why is this happening. It'll be really great full if somebody can shed a light on this, I've figuring out how to do this for a while now and still no luck.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have had problems with Super - to convert to DPG your computer must pass its compliance test, if not problems may occur. I have no problems if I use DVD shrink to take off the film/program off as a single VOB. Then use super to convert this to DPG. I have tried to convert other formats but usually have lip sync issues or faltering video. Most important with Super is the compliance test!!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The right choice DPG conversion is highly dependant on your version of moonshell.

SUPER encodes movies into an older version of DPG, DPG2 i believe.
BatchDPG can do DPG2 (and maybe DPG3 in newer versions)
DPGtools does DPG3 (the latest versions at least)

if your DPG version is wrong it can cause sync problems with moonshell.
It is recommended to use DPG3 files with Moonshell 1.71

Sorry if it's a bit vague, i can't remember all the specifics.
Personally i just always us DPGtools, it's trustworthy and the lesser options makes things easier to use.

If you're looking for ease of use i'd say DPGtools is even easier than SUPER.
SUPER however is a decent program for other types of video conversions (non DPG).

skyman113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUPER can convert almost any video type. I don't have alot of video's on my card, but when I did, SUPER worked great. It did seem like sometimes the audio got out of sync with moonshell, but it might have been related to what OSW mentioned, as the video ran perfectly on Sakura.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kaos said:
IMO, BatchDPG works much better than SUPER, at least quality wise.

image quality wise are almost nearly the same, but BatchDPG got bad color rendering....
especially when converting anime

overall i prefer BatchDPG if you want to convert faster/small file size

kulatong

Trophies
XP
Country
Kittymat said:
I have had problems with Super - to convert to DPG your computer must pass its compliance test, if not problems may occur. I have no problems if I use DVD shrink to take off the film/program off as a single VOB. Then use super to convert this to DPG. I have tried to convert other formats but usually have lip sync issues or faltering video. Most important with Super is the compliance test!!

I only failed the required free size in the test, is that the problem? Do I have to use DVD shrink when I have to convert even if its not dvd like avi or xvid.

OSW said:
Sorry if it's a bit vague, i can't remember all the specifics.
Personally i just always us DPGtools, it's trustworthy and the lesser options makes things easier to use.

If you're looking for ease of use i'd say DPGtools is even easier than SUPER.
SUPER however is a decent program for other types of video conversions (non DPG).

I'd also want to use DPGtools than BatchDPG but I always got an error that the audio cannot be read when I converting Xvid or avi (i think), its okay with quick time .mov format and .mkv. What format is okay with DPGtools so that I know what format to convert to and may use less time converting. And since I'm kind of wanting to use DSMPplay with better quality I know that its encodes have high size for, for small files but really need quality to be satisfied. But has the same problem with dpgtools when converting , audio file cannot be read.

I'm going to try converting to .mkv with xilisoft ultimate and see.

EDIT:
I tried converting avi and was able to convert it with DPGtools and DSMtools. Seems that my codec was disabled (I wonder why) I'm using k-lite codec mega pack (is theis codec pack right?) but still would like to have a list of compatible format.

QUOTE(shansoft @ Oct 27 2008, 09:35 AM)
image quality wise are almost nearly the same, but BatchDPG got bad color rendering....
especially when converting anime

overall i prefer BatchDPG if you want to convert faster/small file size

So the quality is almost the same but when I try to convert using Super (even though its only 2 seconds long) it seems to have better quality than BatchDPG when played in DPGtools (its so clean not pixelly) i know that it changes quality when played on the ds but I haven't tried the playing it on my DS cause it seems to be pointless.

Could anyone put screenies from both programs, if possible played on dpgtools and ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1