How is eRightSoft SUPER for converting DPG files?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Examo, Apr 6, 2008.

Apr 6, 2008
  1. Examo
    OP

Newcomer Examo Member

United Arab Emirates
    So on Wikipedia, SUPER is listed as an easy to use converter for DPG files.

I'm currently using EZbuilder 2007 1.50beta2 (a Chinese software) to convert DPG files, and it works great. So I'm wondering, has anyone tried using the SUPER software to do the conversion? How is the result? Should I switch?

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Never tried it, but my recommendation is still BatchDPG.

3. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yep, i have used it and it works great. No problems at all for me

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It works, though you may get slightly better quality and lower filesizes with BatchDPG.

5. silvershadow

Member silvershadow GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    u use SUPER for everything, i dont waste time installing smaller other programs. i just keep updating super, and using it for everything, once u find the right settings, super is perfect:D

i didnt tamper with it too much, as i dont use the ds for video, however, it was simple to put one video on (just so i can try..) but i never got to compare it with anything.

6. hirusho

Newcomer hirusho Member

Canada
    I love Super for every video conversion, including dpg file for nds.I had some problem with BatchDPG some video works but some video don't on NDS. And always need to hunt down some specific video codec to get video working. Bury that in the past and all I need is Super it comes with all codec you'll ever need easy and simple.

7. vt102

Newcomer vt102 Member

United States
    I just discovered Super. The program is the best. I have tried batchDGP, but could never get it to work. I used super to convert avi's, and a mp4 with no problems at all. Just install, drop and drag your files, choose what type of output, hit convert, and sit back, and wait for it to finish. Plus the program is free. [​IMG]

8. kulatong

Newcomer kulatong Newbie

Philippines
    I have a problem on super converter when i finished converting to dpg and play it on dpgplay or dpgshow it only plays for 1-2 seconds. But when i play it on super's player or the "play the last rendered file" option the video plays fine but no audio. I tried playing it on my dslite with moonshell 17.1 and its the same as dpgshow with only 1-2 seconds of playback.

Does somebody have any problems like this or anybody know why is this happening. It'll be really great full if somebody can shed a light on this, I've figuring out how to do this for a while now and still no luck.

9. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I have had problems with Super - to convert to DPG your computer must pass its compliance test, if not problems may occur. I have no problems if I use DVD shrink to take off the film/program off as a single VOB. Then use super to convert this to DPG. I have tried to convert other formats but usually have lip sync issues or faltering video. Most important with Super is the compliance test!!

10. seedvt

Member seedvt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I also recommend BatchDPG for NDS videos.

For every other format, I use MediaCoder.

11. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    The right choice DPG conversion is highly dependant on your version of moonshell.

SUPER encodes movies into an older version of DPG, DPG2 i believe.
    BatchDPG can do DPG2 (and maybe DPG3 in newer versions)
    DPGtools does DPG3 (the latest versions at least)

if your DPG version is wrong it can cause sync problems with moonshell.
    It is recommended to use DPG3 files with Moonshell 1.71

Sorry if it's a bit vague, i can't remember all the specifics.
    Personally i just always us DPGtools, it's trustworthy and the lesser options makes things easier to use.

If you're looking for ease of use i'd say DPGtools is even easier than SUPER.
    SUPER however is a decent program for other types of video conversions (non DPG).

12. skyman747

Member skyman747 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    SUPER can convert almost any video type. I don't have alot of video's on my card, but when I did, SUPER worked great. It did seem like sometimes the audio got out of sync with moonshell, but it might have been related to what OSW mentioned, as the video ran perfectly on Sakura.

13. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    IMO, BatchDPG works much better than SUPER, at least quality wise.

14. shansoft

Member shansoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    image quality wise are almost nearly the same, but BatchDPG got bad color rendering....
    especially when converting anime

overall i prefer BatchDPG if you want to convert faster/small file size

15. kulatong

Newcomer kulatong Newbie

Philippines
    So the quality is almost the same but when I try to convert using Super (even though its only 2 seconds long) it seems to have better quality than BatchDPG when played in DPGtools (its so clean not pixelly) i know that it changes quality when played on the ds but I haven't tried the playing it on my DS cause it seems to be pointless.

Could anyone put screenies from both programs, if possible played on dpgtools and ds.