GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
And this is why the EoF must be vanquished from existance O:.
OR people should do more complete posts, and read if what they are saying has been said before or not.

...or we shouldn't care?
rolleyes.gif

Sure, there's plenty of nonsensical chatter, but English is a second (or third) language for many folks on this site.

Interesting bit of tech by Google, if not one more useless distraction that has no bearing on our community.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
RoMee said:
I'm not really surprised, most tempers are 14 year old kids

edit:
that came out wrong, what I meant to say was
the average age of users is 14 to 15 years old

that is completely wrong and I've been saying it a thousand times:
the average age of users as calculated on our database is something like 22.5 year old
I calculated a year ago (leaving out 5% of the "extreme cases", people who pretend to be 0 year old or over 80 year old that make the results untrue)

so please stop spreading false information, you just have no clue what you're talking about and you're making yourself look like an idiot.

on topic, this google gauge only indicates the level of english that you need to understand if you want to use the website.
if you only have a basic english then you'll be fine on GBAtemp.
if you only have a basic english you'll have issues with the websites rated "advanced"
that's all it means, there's nothing about people being dumb or whatever.

D

Deleted User

I say that Google is stupid!

The need to actually get real lives!

But, again another way for Rydian to increase his post count
laugh.gif

On a serious note... I need to know how many persons on GBAtemp first language is English.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
diando said:

laugh.gif

On a serious note... I need to know how many persons on GBAtemp first language is English.

You don't need to know shit son.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I... I is not stupidity!!! Me is learn how to speaking the english language too. How them dare to judgment on all we tempers???

rofl2.gif
LOLOLOLOL
rofl2.gif

Seriously, though... Who gives a crap?

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
diando said:

laugh.gif

I'm not English, nor do I come from a country that speaks English, but yeah I can say that English is my first language.
biggrin.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diando said:

laugh.gif

First language is Russian. But I learned English when I was 4-5. Now I know English better then Russian.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
diando said:

laugh.gif

First language is Russian. But I learned English when I was 4-5. Now I know English better then Russian.

My First language is English. My second language is a more or less dead one (Latin) and I'm learning Japanese right now as my third.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
my first language is filipino, second is english.

oh and i don't believe people here are dumb.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
3452cnb.png

Well, we're not quite as smart as Harvard yet, but we're doing better than some sites.

(OMG@ NeoGaf ! ! I thought they were one of the more classy, intellectual forums. And, ironically, they're prone to make fun of the Kotaku community's general intelligence!)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
and how the hell is this news?
[*]It's new.

[*]It's a useful tool both for normal people (as another way to judge results without having to visit them, just like the preview screenshot), but also for web developers and writers.

• "site:gbatemp.net virus"
    The infection removal guide I have in the tech forum rates at a basic reading level. That makes me happy, because if it was intermediate or advanced I might have a reason to re-do it in simpler terms so that more people could understand it. Hey look at that, I just used the fucking tool correctly.
  • My site rates at 100% basic. Wait a minute, why is that? As some users have pointed out, I have an entire repository of copy-paste technical explanations, surely at least some of them would rate intermediate? So what do I do? I check that directory, and it turns out google hasn't rated any. This alerts me there's something about those pages causing google to not fully process them.
    • Well, why?
    • A lack of certain markup? Maybe I should add some extra formatting.
    • Perhaps it's the URL. Should I employ mod_rewrite to make them prettier and less temporary-looking (as far as a search spider is concerned)?
    • Maybe it's the BBcode showing up raw? If google's spider thinks it's an error page or code dump it's unlikely to process it, but how would I correct this wile still keeping it usable?
Hey look at that, ratings and issues with stuff I've made that I would be unsure of or not have had my attention drawn to if it wasn't for this tool!

Google does not just add random stuff to it's search for shits and giggles. I have to agree with some of the mag staff, when stuff is posted most of you all don't do any thinking about it yourselves, you restrict yourselves to talking only about the first post and whatever example it may contain, and it's rather annoying. Think outside the damn example situation given!

EDIT: Costello, any chance you could re-run those age numbers, but only on people that actively post? While we do have a bunch of older members here, they tend to not post as much.

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Snailface said:
3452cnb.png

Well, we're not quite as smart as Harvard yet, but we're doing better than some sites.

(OMG@ NeoGaf ! ! I thought they were one of the more classy, intellectual forums. And, ironically, they're prone to make fun of the Kotaku community's general intelligence!)
A few sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM