Hacking How does YSMenu handle GBA saves?

epistaxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was kinda confused on where to put this post, but since this is running off of my DSTT, I thought it wouldn't hurt to put it here.

Basically, I have a DSTT and a EZ 3-in1 and am using YSMenu. YSMenu seems to work great with the exception of I can't figure out how to get YSMenu to use my old saves. I've tried putting the GBA rom and .sav file in their own folder and it still won't recognize it. They work with GBAExploader perfectly. Anyone have any experience in this area? Thanks!

epistaxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, it doesn't even load saves it makes by itself. It will dump the SRAM into a .sav file after you turn off the DS (and after I made a save on the GBA rom I was playing) but doesn't seem to want to load the .sav file. Any ideas anyone?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I'm not sure, butmaybe you have to load the sav to psram before loading the gba rom, try highlighting the save and press some buttons on it, try 'Y'... or maybe the roms need to be be pre-patched ?

I've not used the Y's for the gba side of things because I have an EZ4 which has it's own interface, but wouldn't mind knowing for future reference myself on how the Y's in-built gba system works.

epistaxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent like a hour yesterday trying to figure it out and just gave up. I'll just use GBAExploader until someone posts the goods in this thread.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
epistaxis said:
They both make .sav files. Even the save files YSMenu makes don't autoload when you load a GBA game.
Just because they are both .sav doens't mean they are the same type.
What do you mean by autoload?
I use YSMenu and it works perfectly for me.

EDIT:
For example, the Ruldolph's backup tool gives me a 128.00 KB file for Megaman battle network 6.

YSMenu will probably would create a smaller file size as it seems to remove some unneeded/unused parts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: