• Views 94,375
  • Replies 214
  • Likes 110

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Probably a dumb question but imI going to ask anyway, if I just set up my emunand with a 128gb sd card in and I just got a 256gb card, when I copy/pasta all the files from my current card to the new one, will I have any problems booting? I know the emunand is on the switch storage but I just want to be cautious.

In general, creating emunand by default the two nands will share the same Nintendo folder. All you can do is to copy that folder to your new sd with the cfw files.

The problem is if your emunand has more games than sysnand when you download something on sysnand or just deep reboot all different games on emunand (compare to sysnand) will be deleted completely.

Solution: after setting emunand up and testing it without any issue. Boot to sysnand and do factory restore (WITHOUT MEMORY CARD PLUGGED IN) to unlink from emunand. From now on, rename Nintendo folder of emunand to NintendoEMU and sysnand to NintendoSYS. When booting to specific nand, rename the related folder to Nintendo.

Booting to a nand with the wrong Nintendo folder, the OS will ask you to delete > just press power to power of and rename the right one.

JimmyCall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
On the ball. I already have my Official Switch mode with White Theme (for purity), and Black theme for the EMUNAND warez mode. The Black mode has all the warez content, and the White mode all the proper content that Nintendo likes. If I want to play online I'll use White mode. Note your installs headers, save games will be copied when making the EMUNAND image so clean out the normal boot (White) mode of stuff you want secluded. Games may need reinstalling in Black mode if you don't remove your micro sd when deleting in White mode.

Last edited by JimmyCall,
Reactions: Jaedon and thaikhoa

ayssia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF! Do you think N is not able to spot this one?!? What's the point?

You must be joking! Why would N NOT to do it, is the real question!
The cat and mouse game you're talking about is not new at all, and what do you mean for N will lose?
What does N lose at banning modified console vs giving access to online services to pirates?!?
And remember that a user with a banned console has lost forever the possibility to login with the banned console ID, and doesn' care a fuck if N will "lose" anything! Tzk!
Spreading the fear of going online with modified console alone is enough of a result for N. Stay assured!

So, do you actually know why Nintendo is NOT detecting your ReiNX/Atmosphere/SXOS folder under your SDcard? It's 100 times easier than other methods, believe or not.

kramdish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, do you actually know why Nintendo is NOT detecting your ReiNX/Atmosphere/SXOS folder under your SDcard? It's 100 times easier than other methods, believe or not.
I think Nintendo can’t do that because it’s illegal to search in someone’s files, even though if it’s to check if some files exist. Also, just because you have them it doesn’t mean you hacked your switch.

BionicGecko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Anyone else experiencing random crashes on Emunand? My Switch keeps crashing with error 2011-0301. Problem takes a few hours to appear on a clean emunand with a reformatted SD, but slowly creeps in, and at some point the switch will crash within minutes of being powered on. Looks like some kind of weird memory leak issue that persists after system shutdown. I'm on OFW 6.0.0. Any ideas?

stewacide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else experiencing random crashes on Emunand? My Switch keeps crashing with error 2011-0301. Problem takes a few hours to appear on a clean emunand with a reformatted SD, but slowly creeps in, and at some point the switch will crash within minutes of being powered on. Looks like some kind of weird memory leak issue that persists after system shutdown. I'm on OFW 6.0.0. Any ideas?

Same happened to me. I just removed the emunand will wait for 2.1.

BionicGecko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Same happened to me. I just removed the emunand will wait for 2.1.

I guess I'll have to do the same; not very happy though, as I updated to 6.0.0 specifically because I thought that with emunand I would be able to keep my sysnand clean. I guess I'll take a NAND backup and stay offline until (and if) they fix this.

Gr3n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you can't remove the microSD before booting because in this scenario your emunand would live on microSD, and pulling it out would mean the system cannot boot.

EDIT: You're talking about booting OFW. Sorry, you're right. For OFW, you can always remove microSD. But then.. you'd never have microSD in OFW boot. That's really bad.
That sounds like a load of retarded TX fanboying bullshit. "you'd never have microSD in OFW boot. That's really bad" How the hell is that a bad thing? It literally means any time you want to boot OFW you have ZERO traces of anything related to hacking even touching your Switch, and then if you want to use any sort of CFW you just plop your SD card in your Switch and bam, you are good to go. Regardless of the fact the IMO having files on the sysnand that shouldn't be there should be 100x more likely to get ninty looking into your Switch, as compared to having files on an SD card. TBH, it sounds borderline illegal for Nintendo to be snooping through your SD card apart from the stuff that they put on there and are using, and sounds retarded as hell for them to go "Oh we'll just ban this person for having a file on their SD card that's too big for our liking even though the user could very well just be using their SD card for multiple uses, who cares if there is a decent chance that this is a false negative." I honestly don't know nor care about other scenes like the 3DS, and if there were any issues with people getting banned for the contents of their SD cards on other systems, and honestly those situations aren't even relevant considering the level of the exploit for the Switch being hardware based.

Hillage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question on emunand. Familiar with the concept as have it setup on my 3DS. I'm on SXOS 2.0, FW 5.1. I had a fresh out the box nand backup at 4.1 but re-os my PC and forgot it was on the boot drive vs my backup. I've used freeshop so my cert is screwed and I'm pretty sure I can't access the eShop but haven't tried. Would emunand even do anything for me in this case? With the updated security it seems better to have a hacked switch that you don't care about and a legit version for online? (I have zero peers that plan on Nintendo products and honestly their online offerings are not that great. I'll stick with PS4 for online). That being said, should I even care about emunand? I will never play online, am already banned and leave my switch in sleep mode enough that any coldboot solution will either come eventually to all firmware or not at all. Every console I have had, over time, was able to be hacked to hell and back on the latest firmware. So I'm thinking this will be the same and just give it time. Sorry to ramble for a simple question.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Liloolil

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If we use an up-to-date SYSNAND for physical games and online play. And use the EMUNAND in airplane mode for backups and homebrews. Then the only two things I can see that prevents a 100% ban-free solution is the "EMUNAND magic" in boot1 and the NAND.bin files in the user partition. Everything else seems to be unmodified.

So if we can, like other have proposed, store the NAND.bin files on a SD-card used only for EMUNAND/CFW. And remove this card when using SYSNAND/OFW. The one thing that remains is the EMUNAND magic in boot1.

I have very little knowledge about what boot1 is and how it works, but is it necessary to store the EMUNAND magic here?

~Liloolil

Last edited by Liloolil,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I have noticed now with setting up emunand with version 2.1 there is now an option so user partition is not copied "Yes/No" does this make it any safer in emunand? I dont think this was an option in version 2.0 I cannot remember seeing it in advance settings but someone might correct me on this.

Edit: just tried it without but all your games will error out on start up so it’s quite useless.

Last edited by Reecey,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I assume you can be online while in emunand since there is stealth mode, still i prefer to go airplain mode.

Btw I'm installing emunand right now, let's hope is really safe.
Make sure to unlink sysnand from emunand by either do factory restore sysnand or emunand(offline without Internet to unlink acc).

Reactions: RedHunter

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When i go Never online with emunand Why should i unlink it ??? No reason for that
All your installed games on a nand will be archived completely when the other one doesn't have them in its ticketblob.
Because when linking, they're sharing the same Nintendo folder. Unlink them to separate Nintendo folder so when entering to your choice of nand with wrong Nintendo folder the system will ask you to delete rather than deleting without asking.

Just rename Nintendo folder to NintendoEmu after creating emunand (all your games on sysnand will be transfered to emunand). Enter sysnand and do factory restore settings (make sure your sysnand will be cleaned up before connecting to the Internet). When booting to emunand, rename Nintendo folder to NintendoSys and NintendoEmu to Nintendo and vise versa when booting to sysnand.

Use 2 sd to reduce headache.

Last edited by thaikhoa,
Reactions: loler55

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone been banned for installing NSP yet?

I assume it turns out it's actually quite safe.
I think your quite safe on cfw or emunand take your choice, if your from the uk. I don't know anyone yet on here from the uk that has been banned so far. Have you gone on to your nintendo account and turned off usage information> https://accounts.nintendo.com/setting I suggest do that option first and go for it. I've been doing it all since June online gaming, installing nsp, installing homebrew nsp still no ban as yet. I've changed to emunand now since v2.1, whether it's worth even doing now I'm not sure.

Last edited by Reecey,

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All your installed games on a nand will be archived completely when the other one doesn't have them in its ticketblob.
Because when linking, they're sharing the same Nintendo folder. Unlink them to separate Nintendo folder so when entering to your choice of nand with wrong Nintendo folder the system will ask you to delete rather than deleting without asking.

Just rename Nintendo folder to NintendoEmu after creating emunand (all your games on sysnand will be transfered to emunand). Enter sysnand and do factory restore settings (make sure your sysnand will be cleaned up before connecting to the Internet). When booting to emunand, rename Nintendo folder to NintendoSys and NintendoEmu to Nintendo and vise versa when booting to sysnand.

Use 2 sd to reduce headache.
Since im on 3.01 ofw i cannot going online with it But i understand the reason

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh