ROM Hack How do you set the debug on the Leafedit for AC:NL?

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I have been trying to alter the Acre section on the Leafedit app on my 3DS but it says I need to set the debug setting to true.
The instructions below says:

Just set Debug from the Settings.json file to true. If it doesn't exist, create the Debug Entry as following:
"Debug": true"

I don't understand the instructions on what is meant to mean as I renamed the file but nothing changed.
Am I meant to make an empty folder?

Last edited by DynastyVic,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have been trying to alter the Acre section on the Leafedit app on my 3DS but it says I need to set the debug setting to true.
The instructions below says:

Just set Debug from the Settings.json file to true. If it doesn't exist, create the Debug Entry as following:

I don't understand the instructions on what is meant to mean as I renamed the file but nothing changed.
Am I meant to make an empty folder?
Why are you even using that thing? It looks like a colassal headache than it doing any sort of good.

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you even using that thing? It looks like a colassal headache than it doing any sort of good.

It is portable and I don't have to keep opening up my backcase for the SD card as it is cracking.
It seems alright.

Basically a function similar to what PKSM can do.

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What reasons do you have against using the wireless transfer? or is it your pc is not able to do that?

I am unable to do the wireless transfer. It doesn't show up on my network which I believed it was how massive my SD card but I left it for about a hour and nothing showed up.
It should be capable.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It doesn't say anything about renaming a file, so what exactly did you do?

If it's anything like older versions of PKSM (which also stored settings in a .json file), you'll need to dump Leafedit's extdata using Checkpoint in order to modify that setting, and then restore the extdata afterwards. But if the developers are making it that difficult to change that setting, there's probably a very good reason for it.

I am unable to do the wireless transfer. It doesn't show up on my network which I believed it was how massive my SD card but I left it for about a hour and nothing showed up.
It should be capable.
Are you using FTPd on your 3DS, or are you trying to do MicroSD Management?

If you are trying to use MicroSD Management, then that uses an old (and very insecure) network protocol that is disabled by default in Windows 10. You should try Mucommander.

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are 128 GB cards and 256 GB cards, but I don't think there's such a thing as a 200 GB card. (And if you bought a 256 GB card, I hope you tested it with h2testw first, as I reckon they are popular items for counterfeiting.)

My bad. It is 256 GB. I already tested it before with h2testw and it is legitimate.
It has been used for a while now.

Lillievela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if anything has actually been answered, but you could get 3dshell or universal updater and use its ftp with an ftp client like Filezilla as that works fine, as for the file, you will need to pull it off of the sd card, open it up in something like notepad, and change the debug setting to true, then send it back over to the 3ds in its correct location. as for the "200GB" sd card, yes those do exist, Sandisk makes them for whatever reason

Titanor

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You add the the setting to a new line in Settings.json in the LeafEdit folder but be careful cos the feature is experimental and can crash LeafEdit

Last edited by Titanor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.