Homebrew how do you run gamecube iso's on wii?

CrimsonRose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so ive been searching for a few hours now and i found dolphin but i dont know how to use that on my wii. and is there a different way to run them? i have a soft modded wii 4.1

CrimsonRose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
emupaul said:
install mios rev9 and google WiiGator Gc backup launcher.
do you know where the mios rev9 download is? cause i checked google and it doesnt say or it just says cios instead of mios

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When I search though The Pirate Bay, there's one results found. It's not cMIOS rev9.

Can some provide the link to download MIOS rev9, instead of searching on Google AND The Pirate Bay?

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Wii can play gamecube games without emultor ! The Wii is just a gamecube with faster CPU and blutooth for wiimotes ....

CrimsonRose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fennec said:
The Wii can play gamecube games without emultor ! The Wii is just a gamecube with faster CPU and blutooth for wiimotes ....
fail...we are talking about running gamecube roms, iso's etc
lecture.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
so with your logic, USB Loader and Backup Launcher belong to emulation too ?
huh.gif

sorry but no, running gamecube games on the wii is "technically" not emulation
lecture.gif

and dolphin is an emulatorfor your computer, not for the Wii, to run GC backups on the Wii you run a WiiGator GC Launcher & cMIOS as stated above, I don't think you can run GC isos yet in Wii mode

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
CrimsonRose said:
fennec said:
lecture.gif

Um, no, you fail.

There is no such thing as a gamecube rom. Iso's are a disc image format that gamecube games can be made into. It's simply an image of the disk.

This IS the wrong section. It's not emulation, there is no gamecube emulator for the wii. The wii runs gamecube games natively through it's hardware. As others have said, the wii essentially IS a gamecube, albeit a souped up one, so there would be no point in emulating GC games on it.

Backup launchers simply run 'backups' of games that were designed to run on a system. Emulators run games on systems they were not designed for, through software that pretends to be the original hardware the software was designed for.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
CrimsonRose said:
fennec said:
lecture.gif

If you want to run isos just buy a $5 SDGecko, as others said this has nothing to do with emulation. You put your isos on SDCard then the SDCard in the SDGecko, finallly the SDGecko in a gamecube port. You have to install hacked mios and use sdload.

CrimsonRose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hughjass said:
CrimsonRose said:
fennec said:
lecture.gif

Um, no, you fail.

There is no such thing as a gamecube rom. Iso's are a disc image format that gamecube games can be made into. It's simply an image of the disk.

This IS the wrong section. It's not emulation, there is no gamecube emulator for the wii. The wii runs gamecube games natively through it's hardware. As others have said, the wii essentially IS a gamecube, albeit a souped up one, so there would be no point in emulating GC games on it.

Backup launchers simply run 'backups' of games that were designed to run on a system. Emulators run games on systems they were not designed for, through software that pretends to be the original hardware the software was designed for.
um no u fail... i know theres no gamecube roms thats kind of obvious its just what i call games that are put on the internet and i was checking to see of there is an emulator to run gamecube "iso's" or if there was another way
tongue.gif
on my wii and i got a answer and that was the mios rev9 and backup launcher.

boomtisk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ummm, like they said, running Gamecube games on Wii isn't emulation. The Wii's hardware runs them natively without the need for an emulator. What you're looking for is a Gabecube iso launcher, not an emulator.

Have you ever tried popping a Gamecube disc into your Wii? It will run it as if it were a Gamecube without the help of any software.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The wii is a gamecube with extra functions.
GC mode can be seen as an emulator, but thats not really correct.

Anyway, thats not the point of the topic. If you want to get the GC backup launcher to work, any cMIOS will do. Posting links to cMIOS is not allowed here. Links to installers can be posted.

A MIOS patcher is included with the GC backup launcher.
Waninkoko's MIOS can be found on his blog

also, there is no specific patcher for MIOSr9
you'll just have to find RVL-MIOS-v9.wad and use it with wiigators MIOS patcher.

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Serious Troll warning.
So rounding up several Topics and postings of CrimsonRose: You don´t know how to get homebrew to work on the Wii.
You don´t know what an emulator does, you don´t want to read any of the tutorials or stickies, you are not aware that you have to burn GC Isos to disks, you don´t know you have to use a GC Controller playing it, you didn´t read the user´s manual of your wii.
So what you mean is you are looking for an poor idiot who can give an ignorant dumbass a step by step explanation how to use google.
If you sense slight sarcasm here, well that´s the first thing you are right about.
It doesn´t matter, i´ll bet your wii that we all see a "help, i bricked my wii" topic from you sooner or later..

CrimsonRose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
scrappy said:
Serious Troll warning.
So rounding up several Topics and postings of CrimsonRose: You don´t know how to get homebrew to work on the Wii.
You don´t know what an emulator does, you don´t want to read any of the tutorials or stickies, you are not aware that you have to burn GC Isos to disks, you don´t know you have to use a GC Controller playing it, you didn´t read the user´s manual of your wii.
So what you mean is you are looking for an poor idiot who can give an ignorant dumbass a step by step explanation how to use google.
If you sense slight sarcasm here, well that´s the first thing you are right about.
It doesn´t matter, i´ll bet your wii that we all see a "help, i bricked my wii" topic from you sooner or later..
lol no i got it all working
tongue.gif
and any way i know how to use emulators and i know what iso's and roms are i have a ds and i have all the nes gbc gb and snes emulators on and i did read the stickies i just missed the part where it said the stuff about bannerbomb and the two emulators (psx,gc) are harder to use than the other ones cause most progrrams havent gotten really far with it the same with n64 emulation how there only in alpha stage for the wii.

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hello,
my problem is that my wii does'nt read anymore any disc, so is there a solution to play downloaded GC ISO files directly with the harddisk or usbkey?

I searched it but didn't find it

4.1 US wii
wiikey + homebrew channel... (i have everything)

thank you.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
canli said:
hello,
my problem is that my wii does'nt read anymore any disc, so is there a solution to play downloaded GC ISO files directly with the harddisk or usbkey?

4.1 US wii

thank you.
Wode is your only option to play GC games via USB.....

yo bootyhole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
canli said:
hello,

4.1 US wii

thank you.

Get a WODE.
Besides that, you can't do anything about loading GC games via usb (there's still flatmii/sundisk for other means)
And it costs money.

Any other means doesn't exist without any hardware modifications. Sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in