Homebrew how do you run batch on ds?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, this is my first time posting on GBATEMP and I do not know if this place is good for questions, but
how do you run batch on ds? I want to run a batch file I made on the ds.
What language is the batch file written in? And for what OS? It's probably not possible to do what you're asking...

TheHunterManX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Batch was used mainly in dos, and can be edited by any text editor. The one I am looking for is for the windows operating system. One I know of is Ds-Dos, however does not offer alot of comands, and has stopped development in 2008.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Batch was used mainly in dos, and can be edited by any text editor. The one I am looking for is for the windows operating system. One I know of is Ds-Dos, however does not offer alot of comands, and has stopped development in 2008.
Well, MS-DOS batch files won't run on a DS. So are you actually asking how to run DOS on your DS?

TheHunterManX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No. I am simply asking how to run a batch file. for example, I want to run:
Test.bat
<code>
@Echo off
echo hi
pause
exit /b 0
</code>
so on a ds I type Test.bat and the screen should say hi and when I press another button it should stop the file.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the DS does not run DOS and does not have a command prompt so what you are asking is not possible without running an emulator to run DOS.

TheHunterManX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks! That works, though it took me a bit to configure the config file to the settings I like and the 4dos.com took me a bit to find but it is working! Anyways I can now run batch on ds. I guess I will update the thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-