how do you run batch on ds?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TheHunterManX, Feb 9, 2016.

1. TheHunterManX
    OP

TheHunterManX Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hello, I have found out how to run batch on ds thanks to the comments! read them to find out!

Last edited by TheHunterManX, Feb 9, 2016
  2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    What language is the batch file written in? And for what OS? It's probably not possible to do what you're asking...

3. TheHunterManX
    OP

TheHunterManX Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Batch was used mainly in dos, and can be edited by any text editor. The one I am looking for is for the windows operating system. One I know of is Ds-Dos, however does not offer alot of comands, and has stopped development in 2008.

4. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Well, MS-DOS batch files won't run on a DS. So are you actually asking how to run DOS on your DS?

5. TheHunterManX
    OP

TheHunterManX Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No. I am simply asking how to run a batch file. for example, I want to run:
    Test.bat
    <code>
    @Echo off
    echo hi
    pause
    exit /b 0
    </code>
    so on a ds I type Test.bat and the screen should say hi and when I press another button it should stop the file.

6. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Well the DS does not run DOS and does not have a command prompt so what you are asking is not possible without running an emulator to run DOS.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    A basic 186 dosbox is available for all DS flash carts and a 286 one for the DStwo. http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/ has more.

You would be far better off porting it to whatever Linux shell though as the DS has a few versions of Linux you could use that have far more modern options. http://www.dslinux.org/

8. TheHunterManX
    OP

TheHunterManX Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thanks! That works, though it took me a bit to configure the config file to the settings I like and the 4dos.com took me a bit to find but it is working! Anyways I can now run batch on ds. I guess I will update the thread.