Hacking How do you remove the april fools joke from preloader?

ThE MaSTeR 3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I would also like to know the easiest safest method to remove it.

Oh and another thing if I run preloader and then use my wii I will have tinny sounds in the menus and during the games! This glitch happens only when I boot from preloader. This is not a problem since I have it set to boot to the main dash...BUT! preloader forces itself to load on boot on april 1st so now my wii really is gimped with tiny sounds every april 1st!!

Yes the tinny sounds is a preloader glitch but it doesn't happen to everyone which is weird. Just another reason to unistall preloader cant believe I forgot about the tinny sounds.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm on 4.1E. I've backed up my NAND and I'm going to try this method of uninstalling:

- ensure BootMii is in Boot2
- backup NAND to SD
- run PreLoader disable everything, hacks and shit
- use NUSD title: 0000000100000002 Version: 450 Generate WAD
- install WAD
- run HBC
- run DIP-IOS
- install IOS60 with ES shit
- run NAND Clean
- remove all PreLoader shit from NAND
- restart *hopefully into the Wii system menu*
tongue.gif

EDIT: Confirmed this removed PreLoader from my Wii completely.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use or plan to use preloader but yes, that's quite stupid to do in such a "sensible" application. Plus, it takes the "seriouslyness" away from it
frown.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Preloader is installed ON the SysMenu (00000001/00000002/"preloader".app), so by reinstalling IOS60, you'll do nothing, you need to reinstall a SysMenu.wad to delete Preloader, your best and faster method would be downgrading to 3.2 (if possible on your Wii) and then upgrading back to 4.X...!!
smile.gif

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Preloader is installed ON the SysMenu (00000001/00000002/"preloader".app), so by reinstalling IOS60, you'll do nothing, you need to reinstall a SysMenu.wad to delete Preloader, your best and faster method would be downgrading to 3.2 (if possible on your Wii) and then upgrading back to 4.X...!!
smile.gif

Ah nevermind, sorted it
wink.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Logan said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif

Can a 4.1E sys menu wad be downloaded and generated by NUSD?

Well it is not in the database of NUSD, but if you put TITLE: 0000000100000002 and then in VERSION: 450 you'll be able to get it...!!
wink.gif

NUSD.jpg

ThE MaSTeR 3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can I simply reinstall the system wad or do I need to downgrade to 3.2 and do the whole thing (in which case I wouldnt bother)

reinstalling the 20mb system wad wont brick my wii or disable hacks but will remove preloader?

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I says to Mabel, I says, "Another reason I don't use preloader is it has over 9000 lines of code... anything that has more than 9000 lines of code is Not Worth Using."

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ThE MaSTeR 3 said:
So can I simply reinstall the system wad or do I need to downgrade to 3.2 and do the whole thing (in which case I wouldnt bother)

reinstalling the 20mb system wad wont brick my wii or disable hacks but will remove preloader?

Use the instructions the Logan posted, just make sure to use the proper System Menu WAD for your region (v449 for 4.1U, v450 for 4.1E). I'd also make sure to use NAND Cleaner to remove the preloader hacks.ini as well, if you want to completely remove it. All the steps are included in Logan's instructions. Then afterward, use BootMii to make a backup of your clean system menu.
smile.gif

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dteyn said:
ThE MaSTeR 3 said:

Use the instructions the Logan posted, just make sure to use the proper System Menu WAD for your region (v449 for 4.1U, v450 for 4.1E). I'd also make sure to use NAND Cleaner to remove the preloader hacks.ini as well, if you want to completely remove it. All the steps are included in Logan's instructions. Then afterward, use BootMii to make a backup of your clean system menu.
smile.gif

Does Logan's step fully removes Proleader, without 1 byte of a trace that it was ever installed?

Thanks.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dan_Aykroyd said:
Dteyn said:
ThE MaSTeR 3 said:

smile.gif

Does Logan's step fully removes Proleader, without 1 byte of a trace that it was ever installed?

Thanks.

Well NAND Cleaner, as far as I'm aware, undoes everything PreLoader did to your NAND. So I would say yes. It clears all traces of PreLoader.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back on April 1st there were so many cool releases bursting on the scene, and while people were recommending to install it, the joke had already been leaked. Some guy said to change the date in the Wii settings to a later date, and then change it back later. So I basically set my Wii to April 2nd, installed Preloader, and never had to deal with the joke. Not a big deal to me, and it's hard to complain when I have such a cool program that protects my system.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
Yeah that's the actual bad thing. It uninstalls all your wads.
Are you saying that if I try to use my Wii on April 1st 2010, that all my wads will be uninstalled? But if I skip the date ahead to April 2nd or beyond, I won't have a problem? I don't remember reading about this issue back when .29 came out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1