Gaming How do you organize your roms?

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I retire the numbers and it makes
Daigassou Band Brothers DX (J)
Professor Layton and the curious village (U)
Fifa 09 DS (E)

I used the numbers before but now, I don't care them.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I put them in a folder named "ROMs" with a microSd as the folder icon. I renamed them as they should be. So like say Age of Empires, originally xxx-aoe.nds is renamed to Age of Empires.nds, the same thing happened to all of my ROMs

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a ROM Stuff folder which is then separated into system or emulator (for instance, NES and SNES are separate, but Game Gear, Sega Master System and Genesis are the same folder). And from there, each ROM is listed in alphabetical order in the best format I can manage. In the case of PSP, PSX eboots are in a folder within /PSP.

Uh, uh...I think that's it.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After extracting the files, which usually look like" tngdr-bd.nds", I manually rename them one by one as

XXXX - Name Of Game (region).nds

Any other information is superfluous for me.
They are all named the same and follow the same syntax, I like to have a nice clean view of my folders, and they are all uncompressed, although I might zip up a few obscure games in the future for archiving purposes only.
I use rom managers in the past when I was starting out my collection and had to rename dozens of game at once, but nowadays, since i'm pretty much up to date , I manually rename the rom that I occasionaly download, it doesn't take too much time anyway, and I can be sure about the accurancy of the file name.
As for the other systems, I keep an external hard drive with folders for each system and in each one there is one called ROMS, or GAMES( if it's an older system based on disk and tape images rather then roms ) .
Wii games are huge, therefore they get deleted right after I burn them and make sure the run properly.

canli said:
I retire the numbers and it makes
Daigassou Band Brothers DX (J)
Professor Layton and the curious village (U)
Fifa 09 DS (E)

I used the numbers before but now, I don't care them.

I like to add that the release number is extremely important to me, because it gives you roughly an idea of how old a game is( not always the case with some late dumps ), in fact one that has 0038 in it's file name for example it's bound to be old, while 2000+ something must be fairly recent ( it makes a big difference on my card which sorts them alphabetically but in descending order so that I can see the most recent games at the top of my list ).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone