ROM Hack How do you make an anti-piracy patch?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,955
  • Replies 10
D

Deleted User

OP
How do you make one? Because I Want To Get More Into Programming And The Like. Also I Would Also Like To Patch River City Soccer Hooligans So It Can Work On Dstt and R4

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
implied_facepalm.jpg

Buy an Acekard 2i/SC DSTWO.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@Juanmatron: your post was uncalled for. The OP posted in the right section of the forum and asked a legitimate question. Bashing him/her for there lack of knowledge only makes you look stupid.

if you can't help someone, then don't post at all.

@kyuubi426: you will probably want to start with an emulator which has debugging tools. you'll need to play through the rom using stops to see where it errors out or does odd things. you should also read up on assembly language and how to unpack a nds rom. this isn't a subject that is very well documented, the only people i know doing it are firmware developers. none of which i'm willing to put you in contact with as they aren't into sharing this type of information. there are some web forums and irc channels which would benefit you once you have some basic rom hacking and assembly coding knowledge under your belt. it also would help if you could read hex and use a hex editor.

a good place to learn assembly would be through NES ROM hacking. it is well documented and would help to get you on the right path.

understand that what you want do to is not a weekend project. you should start reading now and in a few years you will probably be able to do some relatively fun hacks, especially on older rom formats.

-another world

D

Deleted User

OP
*snip

Read My Question Again. If I Bought A Acekard 2i Or Supercard DSTWO Then They Would Be Doing The Programming For Me. I Want To Be Able To Do It For Myself. And Patch Like Venom Does.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
So I found a guide on how to hack NES ROMs, but the guide is old, and suggests that I should use NESticle, but it doesnt work on W7. Does somebody know of a emulator that is good to use for ROM hacking, and maybe a updated guide?

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
GBAtemp won't be very helpful with such matters, I recommend looking at forums like the cheat forum (where there are tutorials on NDS assembly).
something like this isn't for the faint hearted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld