How do you make a .ISO into a .WAD?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by .Chris, Oct 24, 2010.

Oct 24, 2010
  1. .Chris
    OP

Member .Chris Pffft.

United States
    Is there any applications to convert a .ISO file into a .WAD file? Thanks in advance.

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    no, they are 2 different formats?

Are you trying to get the disc banner from a game?

3. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    Why would you want to do this?

4. .Chris
    OP

Member .Chris Pffft.

United States
    no, im not.

but i found a way to convert a wad into a iso, so i wanted to convert a patched version of a netflix iso into a wad.

5. AetherMaster

Member AetherMaster Aether

United States
    There's a Netflix channel now, you know...

And what do you mean by 'patched version' of Netflix ISO? I remember you trying to get free Netflix in another thread, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that no amount of patching will get you movies for free. Netflix requires you to have an account, which is $10 per month. When you use the channel or the disc, it links to your account with a code. You type the code into your account, and that activates the channel. A patched ISO will not bypass this. The channel must be tied into a working account in order to stream movies. Your 'patched' ISO is fake. Simple as that...

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    As others have mentioned netflix has a backend that you would have to crack before you get anything from it. Not that it could not be done but that it would not be worth you even trying it.

If you do want wad to iso and back again I suggest you look at wii chess- it is available in WAD and iso form -different regions but underlying code was the same from what I recall. It has been quite some time since my experiments (which were for going from wiiware to iso) in such arenas but you might wish to have a look at some of the later wiiscrubbed releases from Dack.

7. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think what you want is a usb loader game channel. You can use WiiBackupManager for that, but you need the game on a usb drive/sd card (I think it works on an sd card.)