Gaming How do you feel?

watex5

dvd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, so I got my 3DS at 8AM this morning, I thought it was cool at first, everything that was on it was working fine
biggrin.gif
When I got home I tried to use the internet, it said to get an update so I got it...basically half the features require a software update that isnt available yet...so I dont see why the system even says they're available :/ Next I played my Pokémon Black and it was really blurry...so I decided to play around with the 3D features. I got a horrible headache and stopped playing until around now :/
So, whats everyone elses opinions on the 3DS at the moment? Im sure updates will fix these problems, but Im just asking for current opinions!

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I've only tried it at demo stations, but I had no issues with my eyes or head.
It really depends on the person.

Edit; The 3DS has to apply blur filters to original DS games because of its bigger and higher res screens. The alternative is ugly pixelation. You can play them at native res, but they'll be smaller than the 3DS screen.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I feel sad, mainly because I don't get my 3DS till Sunday.

With DS games, just hold the Select button while having the DS game selected so it won't scale it up (and not filter the image). The image output will be aligned towards the hinge of the unit.

With the 3D effect (if you haven't tried already), adjust the slider to your liking. It changes the focal point, not the intensity, and one's perception differs from another.

cr235

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i literally cannot put my 3ds down, i got it last night at a midnight launch with street fighter..... ive used up all my play coins for today, gonna buy some more AR games tomorrow

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
watex5 said:
cobleman said:
Updates will not fix motion sickness.
Like Midna said it depends on the individual.
I meant the updates will hopefully fix the blur on the DS mode
tongue.gif

The blur is a result of the 3DS stretching the games to make them bigger on the top screen. Even without the blur, the games would still look horrible because they'd be really pixelated.

If you really hate the blur, you can turn off stretching with a certain button combination already said on the thread somewhere, but the games will look smaller.

watex5

dvd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cr235 said:
i literally cannot put my 3ds down, i got it last night at a midnight launch with street fighter..... ive used up all my play coins for today, gonna buy some more AR games tomorrow
I got super monkey ball with mine... I might go pick up Street Fighter tomorrow since Im hearing its great
tongue.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
That'll never be fixed.

Thats assuming the technique being used is as limited as all prior generation Nintendo handhelds handled backwards compatibility. The fact that it is applying a filter effect would at least show that the 3DS is doing more than the minimum mimicking of the DS.

watex5

dvd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Traverse96 said:
watex5 said:
cobleman said:
tongue.gif

The blur is a result of the 3DS stretching the games to make them bigger on the top screen. Even without the blur, the games would still look horrible because they'd be really pixelated.

If you really hate the blur, you can turn off stretching with a certain button combination already said on the thread somewhere, but the games will look smaller.
I thought this, but then I had to wonder how they did it with the DSi XL

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
watex5 said:
Traverse96 said:
watex5 said:
cobleman said:
tongue.gif

The DSi XL has the same exact resolution as all prior DS revisions. The difference is that the XL pixels are bigger. Resolution =/= screen size.

watex5

dvd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
watex5 said:
Traverse96 said:
watex5 said:
cobleman said:
tongue.gif

The DSi XL has the same exact resolution as all prior DS revisions. The difference is that the XL pixels are bigger. Resolution =/= screen size.
Ah, I understand now
tongue.gif
thanks for the help
biggrin.gif

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
aminemaster said:
cr235 said:
you can buy ar games?!?!

yes after playing some games there will happen something( not wanna destroy the moment of getting it by saying what happens)and after that you will get the option to buy ar games with the game coins.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I've had mine a few hours now, no problems with motion sickness or nausea at all. I did notice that now and again I can accidentally loose focus on the screen, but focusing on the screen get much easier the more you use it.

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
watex5 said:
cr235 said:
I got super monkey ball with mine... I might go pick up Street Fighter tomorrow since Im hearing its great
tongue.gif

I ordered Super Monkey Ball too!! Can you tell me if it was a good choice? =P

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played around with a 3DS completely in my hands (I had a Best Buy employee remove it from the demo stand) and I can say that I think it is amazing.

I have no troubles switching from the touch to the 3D, and I don't really get any headaches.
smile.gif

watex5

dvd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
deadmaker said:
watex5 said:
cr235 said:
tongue.gif

I ordered Super Monkey Ball too!! Can you tell me if it was a good choice? =P

Yeah the gameplay is pretty good, the 3D in it isn't the best, but it still works!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: