• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

How do you feel about abortion?

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
If you can't think, don't waste oxygen. Bad things happen to people all the time, that's no excuse to shut down and stop functioning and letting the situation get worse. If it's too much you can ask for help, which should be the first thing you do anyway, if not to avoid pregnancy then going to doctor and checking for STD's. Again, why are women absolved of all responsibility all the fucking time.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Calm down, they arent. Also please remove STDs from your thought process for the purpose of this thread. I know it fits together nicely with the emotional underpinning of moving those concepts in a certain corner, but it doest help the actual argument at hand.

If you learn to separate pure emotion from talking about issues the entire process is helped.

Also, if you can - please dont hate half of the world population on matters of "ingroup - outgroup" stuff. Even if they are not "with you" as a gender, that ought to be silly. ;) Those 'groups' are simply created in peoples minds. You can just not believe in those camps - and solve another problem... ;)

Last edited by notimp,
D

Deleted-479522

For me abortion should be legal up to birth. Until then it is just another part of the woman's body. Practical reasons mean that after 24 or so weeks it makes sense to try and deliver it and perhaps put it up for adoption. But for me this is a practical issue and should not be a criminal issue.

Also I believe that men should be able to unilaterally give up rights to a child giving up contact, information rights (and the need to pay child support) until the child is 16+ and then he can make his own choice. This augments the mothers unilateral right to abort the pregnancy.

This is the fairest way to deal with the issue giving both the mother and father the ability to absolve them of the unwanted pregnancy.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Abortion is wrong. PERIOD!!!

The only way that I can see that abortion should be legal is if the parents of the child agree to get sterilized and lobotomized after the abortion.

Don't have sex if you don't want children.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Murder.. What!? Do you possess a uterus? Do you remember rolling around in your mom's uterus with a conscience?
Do you remember being 1 week old?

What kind of a stupid argument is that?

D

Deleted-479522

Abortion is wrong. PERIOD!!!

The only way that I can see that abortion should be legal is if the parents of the child agree to get sterilized and lobotomized after the abortion.

Don't have sex if you don't want children.

Ludicrous. Same argument could be made about erasers.

DON'T WRITE ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MAKE A MISTAKE!!!

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Ludicrous. Same argument could be made about erasers.

DON'T WRITE ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MAKE A MISTAKE!!!
WTF are you on? That would be a stupid argument. Mistakes when writing happen. A woman doesn't just accidentally slip and fall on someones dick and get pregnant. The majority of the time it is consensual sex that both parties agreed to.

D

Deleted-479522

WTF are you on? That would be a stupid argument. Mistakes when writing happen. A woman doesn't just accidentally slip and fall on someones dick and get pregnant. The majority of the time it is consensual sex that both parties agreed to.

Parties may not have agreed to have a child though.

Abortion hurts no one since it only causes injury to the woman's body who consents to it. Like clipping nails or cancer surgery.

Until the umbilical cord is cut and the child is breathing air. There is no child, only a parasite.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people here may had to be aborted in the first place.
Back to the topic: no, abort is not wrong. And any (no, anyone) of you have the right to say something about it. Only the person who's pregnant have the right to do so (and no, no other woman. I mean exactly the one in the position and ant the exact moment).
I whish some of you get raped (or your child), pregnant, and came to you with tears in the saying he/she doesn't wanna give birth to a monster's child. That would teach some of you.

D

Deleted-479522

Some people here may had to be aborted in the first place.
Back to the topic: no, abort is not wrong. And any (no, anyone) of you have the right to say something about it. Only the person who's pregnant have the right to do so (and no, no other woman. I mean exactly the one in the position and ant the exact moment).
I whish some of you get raped (or your child), pregnant, and came to you with tears in the saying he/she doesn't wanna give birth to a monster's child. That would teach some of you.

The drive to abolish negative liberty is the tragedy of the 21st century.

Everyone is trying to tell people how to live.

No one has anymore right to tell someone if they can have an abortion than they do telling someone if they should take a dump.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Parties may not have agreed to have a child though.

Abortion hurts no one since it only causes injury to the woman's body who consents to it. Like clipping nails or cancer surgery.

Until the umbilical cord is cut and the child is breathing air. There is no child, only a parasite.
Read that again... a little slower.
UncleFester.png

This dude is the result of a failed abortion. Tell me again how it hurts no one... but somehow only injures the mother.

D

Deleted-479522

Read that again... a little slower.
View attachment 157801
This dude is the result of a failed abortion. Tell me again how it hurts no one... but somehow only injures the mother.

That picture is a perfect example of why abortions should be legal. Unable to get a legal abortion a woman had to wing it.

Tragedy could have been avoided if abortion was cheap, legal with easy access.

Maybe Hitler would have been aborted then and WWII would be avoided entirely.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drive to abolish negative liberty is the tragedy of the 21st century.

Everyone is trying to tell people how to live.

No one has anymore right to tell someone if they can have an abortion than they do telling someone if they should take a dump.
Yeah that's what I meant. No one has the right to decide. And no one should even hace the right to discuss this. It's not ours to decide; only the person with the thing inside.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
For real? I triple dog dare you to actually say that to a loving fathers face and then see what happens to your face. You only have the balls to say that online, not in person.

That picture is a perfect example of why abortions should be legal. Unable to get a legal abortion a woman had to wing it.

Tragedy could have been avoided if abortion was cheap, legal with easy access.

Maybe Hitler would have been aborted then and WWII would be avoided entirely.
That was a legal failed abortion, you idiot. Try doing some research before running your mouth.

D

Deleted-479522

The single most effective intervention to curtail climate change is increased abortion rates. Did you know that?

For real? I triple dog dare you to actually say that to a loving fathers face and then see what happens to your face. You only have the balls to say that online, not in person.

That was a legal failed abortion, you idiot. Try doing some research before running your mouth.

You got no come back to the fact if Hitler could have been avoided.

Have you ever wondered why you have this ridiculous idea that you should tell people who to live their lives?

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already done it lmao. You really think I only say this here, and only for you to answer that? Putting in that situation make people think twice. Obviusly not you, but I didn't expect any further.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered why you have this ridiculous idea that you should tell people who to live their lives?
Are you really this stupid?
Let me guess, you also think that people should be allowed to steal and murder and just have a lawless world since laws just exist to tell people how to live their lives?

Also, I do not tell people how to live their lives. I have never told anyone that they aren't allowed to get an abortion. I know plenty of people that have had abortions. But I don't talk to them anymore.

One thing that I have learned from all the people that I know that have had abortion is that it usually eats them up inside for the rest of their lives knowing that they had their own flesh and blood killed for silly selfish reasons. So yes, it does hurt people, especially mentally.

Last edited by DeadlyFoez,
D

Deleted-479522

Are you really this stupid?
Let me guess, you also think that people should be allowed to steal and murder and just have a lawless world since laws just exist to tell people how to live their lives?

That sentence doesn't even make sense...

So I'll clarify. Capacitous adults should be able to do anything to themselves.

Terminating a pregnancy is no different.

Since it's part of her body until the umbilicus is cut and the foetus begins to breath becoming a child. Women should be able to abort pregnancy right up until this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol