• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

How do you feel about abortion?

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as long as he didn't say "thou shalt not abort" it looks like we're in the clear. The problem I find with your reasoning is that god doesn't have to make choices that will affect him for a lifetime, only people do. These decisions shouldn't be taken lightly, but the fact is that some people are not in a stable enough place, either financially or emotionally, to have children. Force that decision on them anyway, and watch three lives get ruined. That cycle has caused a lot of poverty and other issues in America.
Um no sir, not taking responsibility has been the issue, people don't know what there doing these days, especially parents, some of them just come in and think they know they're children and don't even know the first thing about them, why? Because they don't know how to take responsibility as parent, they don't really even know what being a parent is, they think they do but they don't, so they assume how a parent is supposed to be, like a abuser may assume that abusing a child is the way to love the because they were abused, we need a final authority that will say this is right that is wrong so we can be all on the same sheet of music.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Um no sir, not taking responsibility has been the issue, people don't know what there doing these days, especially parents, some of them just come in and think they know they're children and don't even know the first thing about them, why? Because they don't know how to take responsibility as parent, they don't really even know what being a parent is, they think they do but they don't, so they assume how a parent is supposed to be, like a abuser may assume that abusing a child is the way to love the because they were abused, we need a final authority that will say this is right that is wrong so we can be all on the same sheet of music.
so you agree on my opinion then!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make that world wide will you...

not every girl or women for the matter has a guide into being a mom, here close to me in one month 2 mothers killed thier baby while in perfect health because they didn't understand it's basic needs.
The internet or libary is their friend no excuses for them.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Precisely. So why would you recommend having a baby to a clueless couple who neither know how to be parents nor want to be parents? Assuming they accidentally get pregnant anyway, the responsible choice in that case would be abortion. Not having an unwanted baby that would likely end up abused or neglected.

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things:

1 - You don't end a life when you abort. You prevent one from starting.

2 - Morality comes from God? In that case, explain this: How come different people have different opinions on what is right or wrong? If God decided morality, shouldn't everyone agree on the same moral code?
2) Because people go against their God given conscience, and of sorts silences it by searing it's mouth with a hot iron. (The bible prophesies that would happen to people.)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you call a person who takes no responsibility for their children emotionally stable? You sound pretty argumentatively confident for a guy that's basically agreeing with the other

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Precisely. So why would you recommend having a baby to a clueless couple who neither know how to be parents nor want to be parents? Assuming they accidentally get pregnant anyway, the responsible choice in that case would be abortion. Not having an unwanted baby that would likely end up abused or neglected.
The bible is everyone's friend if they read it, and believe in Jesus, repent turn away from there sins, and therefore accept the gift of grace then anyone can be the best father or mother, the bible carries all the good virtues of a father or mother.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The internet or libary is their friend no excuses for them.
you really do think you know all people because you understand the basics in life, because you can read, because you've got the right god, because you've got internet, because you can trust your own brain... it makes me a bit angry to see how selfish you must be in telling how simple the world and all life should be.
no sir, there are a lot of people who can't trust thier brain, have no real freedom, do see life in a different way, can't read, have no internet.
if you can read so good try read other books then the bible for once and you'd know a bit more of the world surrounding you...
you've got your life to consider and i don't think it's wrong you have your moral in life guided by god, but stop forcing it onto other people please.

Last edited by Jack Daniels,

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
2) Because people go against their God given conscience, and of sorts silences it by searing it's mouth with a hot iron. (The bible prophesies that would happen to people.)

The Czech Republic is a very atheistic country. About 79% of our population doesn't believe in God. I was 12 years old the first time I ever heard of God or religion or whatever.

Kinda difficult to go against something I don't know much about in the first place, don't you think?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you go against a "God given conscience" if you 100% believe that morally, you are right? I can think of a lot of things that people have done in the name of God that are objectively heinous, as well as a lot of things done just because a person thought they were right when they clearly weren't. Similarly, there are plenty of people on Earth that don't believe in a higher power and have a perfectly functional moral compass

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The bible is everyone's friend if they read it, and believe in Jesus, repent turn away from there sins, and therefore accept the gift of grace then anyone can be the best father or mother, the bible carries all the good virtues of a father or mother.
who even takes this guy seriously here? lol

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you really do think you know all people because you understand the basics in lif, because you can read, because you've got the right god, because you've got internet, because you can trust your own brain... it makes me a bit angry to see how selfish you must be in telling how simple the world and all life should be.
no sir, there are a lot of people who can't trust thier brain, have no real freedom, do see life in a different way, can't read, have no internet.
if you can read so good try read other books then the bible for once and you'd know a bit more of the world surrounding you...
you've got your life to consider and i don't think it's wrong you have your moral in life guided by god, but stop forcing it onto other people please.
Do you believe it's wrong to kill?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have YOU read it? Like, all the way through??

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you believe it's wrong to kill?
depends on reason, king david killed a lot! even the priest of the old testamony killed a lot o people. god kills milions of people each month (if you'd believe in him to be real).
well not in the old testamony got wasn't everyones friend, and he still isn't. have you ever read about people killing for god? have you ever read about punishment for not beleving in god? belevers were the reason they killed jesus you know? what a great god it must be to kill his own born child at late adult age...

Last edited by Jack Daniels,

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Yes, of course. The Bible teaches how to be a good parent. Let's take a look, shall we?

The Bible said:
If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

- Deuteronomy 21:18-21 New International Version (NIV)

So, in summary, stone your children to death if they don't obey you.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No offense, but that'd be just about the worst parenting guide out there. While we're on the Bible, though, AFAIK it doesn't say anything specifically about abortion, except for maybe how to perform one in olden times. What evidence does anyone have that the Christian god is truly against abortion?

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends on reason, king david killed a lot! even the priest of the old testamony killed a lot o people. god kills milions of people each month (if you'd believe in him to be real).
All that was prophesied it had to be done, just like all you were prophesied, how you are, as a matter of fact how this whole world is right now, that's how I know that God is real, I see him everyday in you and everyone else, even if I and you and everyone else is sinners I still see Him.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, of course. The Bible teaches how to be a good parent. Let's take a look, shall we?

- Deuteronomy 21:18-21 New International Version (NIV)

So, in summary, stone your children to death if they don't obey you.
"so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear." So they wouldn't do it again.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All that was prophesied it had to be done, just like all you were prophesied, how you are, as a matter of fact how this whole world is right now, that's how I know that God is real, I see him everyday in you and everyone else, even if I and you and everyone else is sinners I still see Him.

"so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear." So they wouldn't do it again.
you know these so called prophecies didn't excist untill after the killings right, and those who were to prove were long death...

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Czech Republic is a very atheistic country. About 79% of our population doesn't believe in God. I was 12 years old the first time I ever heard of God or religion or whatever.

Kinda difficult to go against something I don't know much about in the first place, don't you think?
Everyone always has their God given conscience no matter how twisted it could be.

you know these so called prophecies didn't excist untill after the killings right, and those who were to prove were long death...
I'm going to assume you meant that the prophesies didn't exist until after the killings, and that is incorrect, the prophesy is long before the time of David, I don't have all the answers but if you want the explanation for how parents can be abusive and stuff: it's sin, and ours at that, like mine, like when we try to justify abortion, we say that we get to live in this sin infested world and get a chance to change it for the better, but not unexpected babies...

Last edited by Fates-Blade-900,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)