How do you dump DSi data on compatible games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by iCEQB, Jan 24, 2015.

1. iCEQB
    OP

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Hi,

I wanted to ask this for a long time, but never got to do it.
    A few years ago I saw this release here: Pocket_Monsters_Black_JPN_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT
    which mentions certain TWL and LTD data in its nfo required for DSi modes?

Now I checked what new releases are available for the NDS and I saw a proper for another DSi capable game which also includes "DSi data" this time:

Pokemon_Black_Version_2_PROPER_EUR_USA_NDS_DSi-EXiMiUS
    Pokemon_Black_Version_PROPER_EUR_USA_NDS_DSi-EXiMiUS

So can anyone tell me what exactly this DSi Data (or TWL and LTD sections) are? And what dumper is capable to read them from my games that I want to backup?

Thx!

2. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Extra twl data for DSi enhanced games.

3. iCEQB
    OP

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    And how did they dump those sections?

4. iCEQB
    OP

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Ok I just did some read up on dumping TWL games. The archiving guys also have their issues with those titles because there is still no public dumper for DSi games, which is surprising imho.
    The EXiMiUS group who released a bunch of DSi games today, seem to be capable of identifying the issues with previous DSi dumps and are also able to finally release proper DSi dumps.
    Here are a few lines from their nfo's:

Animal_Life_Africa_EUR_MULTi5_NDS_DSi-EXiMiUS
    Art_Academy_EUR_MULTi5_NDS_DSi-EXiMiUS
    Bejeweled_Twist_PROPER_EUR_MULTi6_NDS_DSi-EXiMiUS
    Bravissi-Mots_PROPER_FRA_NDS_DSi-EXiMiUS
    James_Patterson_Womens_Murder_Club_Games_of_Passion_PROPER_EUR_MULTi4_NDS_DSi-EXiMiUS
    Cars_2_READNFO_EUR_MULTi2_NDS_DSi-EXiMiUS
    Let's see where this is going, seems like most of the available DSi dumps (if not all) are broken/incomplete/garbage data. I hope they release their dumper to the public so we can finally get over with this DSi disaster.

5. AsPika2219

AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Jun 17, 2010
    Malaysia
    Cats City
    There are more DSI games which released as "BAD HEADER OR NOT INCLUDING DSI DATA" on it! I hope this games will redump it again into proper version soon! :yaynds:

Shrek Forever After
    Toy Story 3

6. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    You still need a Flashcart with support for the extra DSi data (CycloDSi Evolution)

7. Duo8

Jul 16, 2013
    cearp likes this.
  8. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i had heard about this card lately, it is blocked on 3ds? which firmwares? it is also blocked on dsi last firmware?

9. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    On the other hand, it isn't really worth the stuff.
    access to the dsi camera?
    You don't need the dsi stuff to play the games!

10. iCEQB
    OP

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    If Gateway could fix the DSi support for the 3DS it would be awesome, so the DSi could have its revival.
    It shouldn't be a problem for them either, sicne they can patch anything within the FW they want as it seems, so supporting those roms would be very cool.

Imho it would be awesome if they could update the red card to actually support DS(i) games, so you have everything on one card.

11. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    DSi mode is more desirable than standard DS mode. You have more RAM to work with, the cameras, the SD card, heck, you can even install to the NAND and call it a day.

12. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Yeah i know that, but i meant the games that use dsi mode, it doesn't much enhance the gameplay, like it should be.

13. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    There was a DSi game, although I can't recall its name, but it's a hide-and-seek game that uses the cameras to orient itself. You have to turn and move the system, and different layers move around to reveal different things. There are games that do run on both modes, but there's also games that only run on the DSi, and if memory serves, there are cartridge versions of them too.

DjoeN likes this.
  14. iCEQB
    OP

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Yeah 4 of them to be exact :D
    But I would also like to play DS games with DSi enhanced features, so I hope gateway will come to the rescue on the 3DS :D

15. Duo8

Jul 16, 2013
  16. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Last I heard the Cyclo development team fell off the planet. It runs on DSi, maybe even the DSi's last firmware, I can't remember if they stuck around long enough for that. I can't remember if it works on some of the early 3DS firmware, either. Overall, unless you really want DSi homebrew or DSi games/enhancements with a flashcart on a DSi, I wouldn't bother with it. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've bothered to look up anything about that flashcart.