Hacking How do you create clean cia for sysNAND?

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Say I downloaded a game from eshop in emuNAND, how do I create a clean cia (possibly only for my own machine) so that I can install it to my sysNAND? What tools do I need and steps please?

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
...do a search for FunkyCIA around here and see if it fits you and your setup.
Which I did. And last time I checked it said
Also, I added '-personal', which will leave your unique ids in the CIA intact. This is so we can make perfect backups for our own system. (As opposed to wiping the ids by default, which make it installable on all consoles + requiring us to use GW or CFW to (install?) + run it) I do not know why, but when I make personal CIAs that should only work on my console, they do not install... I have not tested for a few months, but I hope we can fix it it possible.
and I checked again, this line is still there. So I believe FunkyCIA does not build clean CIA for sysNAND off the eshop games I downloaded.
May be you know something we don't?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only CIA's that can be installed to your sysNAND are legit CIA's, which are CIA's ripped from a console that came with it pre-installed. You cannot install eShop CIA's form emuNAND to your sysNAND, because they are signed to your emuNAND. (You'll notice that if you put your 3DS SD card in a PC, and go to the Nintendo 3DS folder, youll see 2 folders whos names are a string of letters and numbers - theyre the separate NANDS)

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The only CIA's that can be installed to your sysNAND are legit CIA's, which are CIA's ripped from a console that came with it pre-installed. You cannot install eShop CIA's form emuNAND to your sysNAND, because they are signed to your emuNAND. (You'll notice that if you put your 3DS SD card in a PC, and go to the Nintendo 3DS folder, youll see 2 folders whos names are a string of letters and numbers - theyre the separate NANDS)
Thats elementary. I will make sure my sysNAND and my emuNAND are linked before I do any eshop purchase.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If theyre linked and you update your emuNAND, then your sysNAND will update too - meaning no emuNAND for you.
SysNAND will not update, that's the first purpose of using EmuNAND.
You can update EmuNAND, keep SysNAND on 4.x and still retain linked state as they share the same folder on SD card.
but if you install cia to emuNAND they will get deleted if you visite Title database on SysNAND as they are not installed. That's why users unlink their sysNAND, but not to prevent updating it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1