How do you create clean cia for sysNAND?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by player0, Apr 11, 2015.

1. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Say I downloaded a game from eshop in emuNAND, how do I create a clean cia (possibly only for my own machine) so that I can install it to my sysNAND? What tools do I need and steps please?

2. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    do a search for FunkyCIA on the forums

3. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Orly? Are you sure FunkyCIA is the solution?

4. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    Well the solution depends on what your setup is. However one of the acceptable answers to your question (How do you create clean cia for sysNAND?) is to do a search for FunkyCIA around here and see if it fits you and your setup.

5. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Which I did. And last time I checked it said
    and I checked again, this line is still there. So I believe FunkyCIA does not build clean CIA for sysNAND off the eshop games I downloaded.
    May be you know something we don't?

6. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    The only CIA's that can be installed to your sysNAND are legit CIA's, which are CIA's ripped from a console that came with it pre-installed. You cannot install eShop CIA's form emuNAND to your sysNAND, because they are signed to your emuNAND. (You'll notice that if you put your 3DS SD card in a PC, and go to the Nintendo 3DS folder, youll see 2 folders whos names are a string of letters and numbers - theyre the separate NANDS)

7. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Thats elementary. I will make sure my sysNAND and my emuNAND are linked before I do any eshop purchase.

8. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    If theyre linked and you update your emuNAND, then your sysNAND will update too - meaning no emuNAND for you.

9. RainThunder

RainThunder GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Hanoi
  10. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    SysNAND will not update, that's the first purpose of using EmuNAND.
    You can update EmuNAND, keep SysNAND on 4.x and still retain linked state as they share the same folder on SD card.
    but if you install cia to emuNAND they will get deleted if you visite Title database on SysNAND as they are not installed. That's why users unlink their sysNAND, but not to prevent updating it.