Hacking How do you backup trophy data?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping this is a short and simple question.

Finally got a bigger hard drive to stick in my pstriple; I know the official backup utility won't backup the trophy data, and by changing it, it will get lost again... naturally, that would suck on CFW, since it means having to go through these games and earning them all over again, for the most part.

Well, since I'm running a recent build of multiman, I reason I should be able to just copy wherever that file is on the ps3, to the external I'm using to backup and restore from, and then just when I finish restoring my data officially, plug that baby back in, restart... and things pick up from there. But where would I find this file (via file manager) ?

Also, if ever we get 4.00 CFW, one thing I would hope to do with that as well, is to restore my psn credentials on my ps3, so I could replay the stuff that I own, since a near-brick wiped that data from my system :( I remember way back when there was a homebrew that would help in backing up and restoring these digital rights stuff, but up until then I never figured on it. So, is it still around? And if not, where would those files be stored for backup and (re)use?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Trophy data is lost when changing HDD's??

LOL!
Sony............

In response to your problem.
Try manually copying every file from the PS3 HDD to the new HDD?
Keep the old HDD as a backup incase it didn't work.

I did the same on a Xbox HDD swap since I didn't want to recopy every music file and save file etc.
So I just deleted the folders Slayers CD made and copied it with my own folders and files.
Worked like a charm.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes; basically $ony's default backup utility won't backup one's trophy data, because $ony wants you to sync it with their servers. Except it won't let you do that unless it thinks you're on their current firmware. Sorry, but CFW makes the console much more valuable than OFW will anymore.

Anyways, had to poke around a little in the file manager, and I think I found it; copied it straight to the external too.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All you need to do is sync your trophy data on the PS3. Once the trophies are synced they're saved to your PSN account so even if you switch HDD they will always be connected to your account.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$ony won't let you sync that data unless you're running current firmware.

I'm on CFW 3.55... $ony wants me to go to 4.00 and kiss homebrew, multiman and all of that goodbye. I say, hell to the no.

CFW > stock, any day of the week. It's one reason I won't touch a PSP anymore... all the cool shit requires CFW and hacking it, and $ony wants to turn that into a first-degree felony, above murder. :wacko:

That said, in file manager, was able to find the /home directory and the users there. Within that, the profiles are numbered, and was able to find the raw trophy data and copy that over to my external. Well, currently MvC3 is complaining about corrupt trophy data and won't start. Maybe if I can find the correct ID and delete it... I'll be good to play it again. :yayps3:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr