Gaming How do u take screen shots

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Either post it on Miiverse or via i.nintendo.net if the game allows to.

Kirby says hi.

zlCfzS_A77I6hjWUUO

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Home Button > Internet > image hoster > choose to upload from desktop > upload > done

in case you don't want to use the methode offered by wiicube

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If he doesn't want (or create) a Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr account the Miiverse method is really the easiest of all.

And it's still slow. I swear, I'm faster taking a picture of the Wii U GamePad with my phone and uploading that to a social network or image host than the Wii U is at loading Miiverse. It's so slow I'm at the point where I just don't care about taking a screenshot anymore. I have better things to do with 2 minutes of my life than post a damn screenshot online. On PS4 it barely takes 15 seconds with the Cher™ button. Don't know about XB1 as I don't have one.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Home Button > Internet > image hoster > choose to upload from desktop > upload > done

in case you don't want to use the methode offered by wiicube
you can use any image hoster? Then filetrip will do it too.
you need only an upload button and the Wii/3DS select the screenshot automatically or you can choose files to upload from a menu?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
you need only an upload button and the Wii/3DS select the screenshot automatically or you can choose files to upload from a menu?

Not all image hosts are supported. Most will be and I'm not sure what the limitation is, but if the website you're uploading to is using heavy JavaScript or other form of witchcraft, it won't work.

Where there is typically a file picker before uploading a file to a website, the Wii U will allow you to select between the TV or Wii U GamePad display at the very moment you pushed the HOME button to suspend the game. So you need to time your screenshot carefully and push the HOME button at the desired time. After that you can either post to Miiverse or an image host. Alternatively, you can host your own HTML upload page and use that, which is what I do.

Reactions: Cyan

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
And it's still slow. I swear, I'm faster taking a picture of the Wii U GamePad with my phone and uploading that to a social network or image host than the Wii U is at loading Miiverse. It's so slow I'm at the point where I just don't care about taking a screenshot anymore. I have better things to do with 2 minutes of my life than post a damn screenshot online. On PS4 it barely takes 15 seconds with the Cher™ button. Don't know about XB1 as I don't have one.

The Miiverse does tend to take a moment to open depending on the internet connection and all. I've gotten used to Miiverse and posting there so that's what I'll always use for screenshots and stuff.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The Miiverse does tend to take a moment to open depending on the internet connection and all. I've gotten used to Miiverse and posting there so that's what I'll always use for screenshots and stuff.

My network connection says hi.

4132906628.png

Then, I'd like to add that the Wii U is very slow in general when it's multitasking (read: doing other stuff while a game is suspended). It's nowhere near the instantaneous operation of the PS4 when you suspend a game. Miiverse is a slow application to begin with and the Wii U isn't fast at multitasking, so it really does take up to 2 minutes to log into Miiverse even with my connection. I've tried both a wireless and wired connection. It's definitely the Wii U that's being slow. My PS4 is connected wirelessly and it's almost faster than I like.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Almost any hoster works. Some are just insanely slow so i would go with the already mentioned imgur or photobucket. You got the option between what's on your TV or gamepad if the scene differs. Afterwards it gets rendered in a 720p format. Anything else doey the Wii U on it's own.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The Wii U isn't anywhere near as fast as the 360 to go from menu to menu, like, jumping to the Settings is in a flash while on the Wii U it's around 10-20secs. Seriously Nintendo get this working faster!

And how come it won't let me take Watch_Dogs screenshots?

UbiSoft's decision. The Wii U version sucks anyway.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
And how come it won't let me take Watch_Dogs screenshots?
Games can restrict use of the HOME button. E.g. in Smash Bros. if you're in the character selection screen, you can't push the HOME button. Hence, you can't take a screenshot of the roster. This sometimes can become an annoyance when all you really want is to close the game. After a match, after being done with Smash Bros. for the day, I find myself pushing the HOME button a few times only to be reminded that Nintendo has never heard of user-friendly design and I need to first back out of the character selection screen (long press B) before I can finally just hit HOME and close the software.

Some games like Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition almost never allow you to push HOME.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
257727-WiiU_screenshot_TV_0145D.jpg
Enjoying spanking the mushroom men!

Edit: actually it looks a bit like Cat Mario is on his hands with his arse sticking in the air, directing it on purpose at the mushroom men, just to let rip a massive fart with clouds of pressure to show and blown the big mushroom man away and the little ones nearest has a look on there face's as if to say "Fugh, that stinks, I'm off!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs