OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I feel that I need to create a topic specifically about this in the actual topic name (I could be wrong, as I did a thirty-second search), and hopefully this will help newbies like me understand seplugins.

I've been reading a little about .prx plugins, and from what I can tell, I'm supposed to:
  • create seplugins folder in the root
  • throw in my .prx plugins
  • do "something" with a game.txt (with the exception that while using PSP Go internal memory, you use "ef0:/seplugins/[...]" instead of "ms0:/[...]")
Do I need to have a specific CFW/HEN/HBL in order to run these plugins, or is this a general consensus amongst PSP homebrewers to use seplugins as a general plugins folder amongst all methods?

Most of the time when I look in a plugin package, it'll just be the .prx file with no instructions. From what I understand, I'm supposed to identify the .prx file I need in game.txt, plus some various parameters (or is it just a "use" and "do not use" flag?). As you can probably tell, I have no idea what to do since I haven't been able to find instructions.

Can somebody provide me with a link that would help me understand how to use this, or maybe copypasta the the info directly into a reply? ...or provide help in your own words?

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Let's start with the basics.
The 'seplugins' folder in the root of the memory stick is where all the plugins go.
Plugins are normally just a single .prx file, but sometimes (like CWCheat) along comes a folder of extra files, which should also be placed in 'seplugins' alongside the .prx file.

Next up is plugin functionality.
You should have 3 text files called vsh, game, pops (with the appropriate .txt extension)
This is where the CFW checks what it should run. You must put the activation lines in the appropriate .txt file. Game for plugins that work in any PSP application you run (games, homebrew), then Vsh for plugins that work in the XMB/the main PSP menu, and Pops for plugins that run during PSX games.

Now, the activation line. An example:
ms0:/seplugins/Sedna.prx 1
The first part indicates the location of the .prx file. Yes, you'll ask why we're doing this if you can only put plugins in the 'seplugins' folder, and I'll tell you : you don't have to. It's just that most of them are made to work like that.
Anyway, the latter part is interesting - that 1. It's like binary, 1 means active, 0 means inactive.
And it's the same for all the other plugins. Create an activation line, press Enter to type on a new row, add the next activation line, etc.

Hope this answers your questions ^^

The Chow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks. That clears up a lot of questions, especially what the three .txt files do.

Is this supposed to work with every sort of Homebrew method, such as HENs and the HBL, or is it only usable through a CFW? Do I need to do anything else special to initialize this, or am I just fine with creating the foldering and throwing all the appropriate files into it?

The Chow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tried it on my HEN'd PSP Go. ef0 and ms0 both seem to have the same effect: freezing just after the PSP logo.

EDIT 2: I now understand that certain plug-ins aren't compatible with TN HEN yet, so time will tell.

I'm still not quite sure whether or not I'm supposed to use ef0 or ms0 for PSP Go's internal memory, but I guess I'll continue testing stuff out.

EDIT:
Never mind about this next part. I had inadvertently flipped my WLAN switch off, which caused this problem.
laugh.gif

QUOTE said:
Another thing is that it seemed to disrupt the Bluetooth connection to my Dualshock3 completely (and from what it appears, any Bluetooth whatsoever). The Bluetooth light doesn't turn on any more, even when I do any combination of turning the system on and off, and turning the Bluetooth on and off on the PSP.

ruh-roh.
ohnoes.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later