How Do I use my own skin with latest loader/Kernel?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Schlupi, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Schlupi
    OP

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    Hello, Gbatemp. I just got my EZ Flash IV today, and I found a SWEET MOTHER 3 skin. I want to use it, but it uses an out of date kernel, and The ONLY ezfla_up.bin I can find with the latest loader is the damn Darth Vader one. >_>

Also, how do I fix the whole "Writing... 255" freeze error? What the hell. Whenever I try to write MOTHER 3 to the NOR, it stops at 255 and won't go. I waited 20 minutes and it went nowhere.

Is the latest Kernel 1.720? Does it have a NOR writing bug?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewforum.php?f=13

You want to use the EZ-Skinner, unpack the (darth vader) ezfla_up.bin file and replace the skin with the mother 3 skin files. Then pack up the ezfla_up.bin again, now you got a latest version with a new skin.

3. stonegolem

stonegolem Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2010
    Canada
    Toronto
    Thanks for the info. I checked the web link you provided and I found a simple and nice "already applied" GBA skin on ezfla_up.bin for EZ Flash IV.

4. Schlupi
    OP

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    Awesome! Thanks for the help. I am always grateful for your worldly GBA knowledge.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice