How do I update the Acekard again?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by belomeclone, Sep 29, 2011.

Sep 29, 2011
  1. belomeclone
    OP

Newcomer belomeclone Member

United States
    So, having previously updated my Acekard with a DS Lite, I figured I was fine. So I updated my DSi's firmware to get to the Shop, and my Danny Phantom Acekard no longer worked. So after some research, I found this link:

http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

With this information:

On the 8th of September 2010 Nintendo released firmware update 1.4.1 for the DSi/ DSi XL, this update blocks the Acekard 2i from working even if it was previously updated with the 'Danny Phantom' 1.4 fix. In order for the Acekard 2i to be used on a console with firmware 1.4.1, you need to apply the the 'Alex Rider - Stormbreaker' 1.4.1 fix. You can find out the firmware version of your DSi by going to the System Settings (Wrench Icon) and the Firmware version will be displayed in bottom right corner of the top screen. No retail purchased consoles have been reported as coming with firmware 1.4.1 preinstalled, but they are likely to start showing up within the next few weeks.

So it would seem my Acekard needs to be updated AGAIN. How, exactly, do I do that?

EDIT: So I take this file, ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds, put it on my Micro SD card, and put that in a DS Lite and run it? That's all I need to do?

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada

3. belomeclone
    OP

United States
    But...

ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds is used to update a single cart, and can be used on the DS Lite, DS Phat and DSi FW =< 1.3.

4. belomeclone
    OP

United States
    And I want to be totally sure. All I put on the card is that file, and it'll run? Because my friend can bring a DS tomorrow to work, but I won't have access to a computer that day in case I get this wrong.

5. Woodhouse

Newcomer Woodhouse Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Ok, i thought you want to update your AK2i to work on DSI V1.43 or 3DS V2.1.0-4 . here is the guide

1. Download the update patch here: Firmware Update of AK2i for console 3DS2.1 and DSi1.4.3.

you will get two files, ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143_onDSi_NO44.nds and ak2ifw_update_3ds21__DSi143_onDSL_NO44.nds The first onw is for DSi and the second one is for DSL

2. Download the Latest AKAIO : AKAIO 1.8.8

3. Put those files in your DS or DSi (V

6. belomeclone
    OP

United States
    So why does it say:

Boot your Acekard and run ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds

* Use ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds even if you are performing the update using a DS Lite or DS Phat. The DSL/ DSP will run both updates, while the DSi will only run the DSi update.

I'm getting contradicting information and it's frustrating.

Then, from the Wiki, is this:

The DSL update file has always retained a multi-kit update function, which allows for more than 1 Flash Kit to be flashed before being forced to power cycle the system. Acekard currently advises users to use the “onDSi” update with the DSi and the “onDSL” update with the DS Phat/DS Lite. Some users have reported that either file can be run on either system. If you are updating a single Flash Kit you can try the “onDSi” file. If you are updating more than one Flash Kit or un-bricking an AK2i by using another Flash Kit, you can try the “onDSL” file.

So it seems I should use the onDSi file.

7. Zerosuit connor

Member Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

Australia
    Cart should show up as
    japaneese writing dorasu

8. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Use onDSl if ur using DSl and onDSi if ur using DSi.

EDIT: By that, i mean if youre perfoming the update on DSl or DSi. Use the update corresponding to the one ur using to update acekard with. Like if you are using DSl to update, you use the onDSl even if you intend to play the flashcart with the DSi.

9. belomeclone
    OP

United States
    So why do we have these Stickies and the Wiki if no one agrees with it?

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i rewrote parts of tk_saturns guide and ported them to the wiki. the wiki information is correct.

the stickie is out of date. i attempted to contact tk_saturn to get his permission to update his post, but he has not yet replied back.

before acekard started to name the files "ondsi" i used the dsi version on the ds lite. it allowed me to flash one card and then reboot, where the ds lite version prompts you to insert another card.

either way it really isn't going to hurt anything. if you end up bricking the bootloader then you boot the dslite file and swap in the acekard for a reflash.

-another world

11. DarkStriker

Norway
    Like anotherworld said. It doesnt matter if you really use the DSi one on the DSl. They basically does the same, with the difference that the onDSl can patch more than 1 cart after each other without having to reboot the program aswell as it can fix acekard bricks by launching the onDSl with another flashcart.

12. belomeclone
    OP

United States
    So I can use the onDSi file on a DS Lite and it won't make a difference?

And I need a SD Card with just the onDSi file on it? I should delete my other (backed up) files first?

13. DarkStriker

Norway
    Just do what we have told you.... Run the onDSl file on the DSl to be sure. And then follow the instructions of Woodhouse. Its not that hard. Are perhaps scared of brick? If the brick happens, it can be reverted. Well only for acekard though. Now go and try it out before asking more question like should i put the update file in and update, and then put in the AKAIO files or both at the same time...

And if you want to, u can backup the files. I do recommend you to backup the files, but its not nessecary.

14. belomeclone
    OP

United States
    It depends on when I can get near a DS. So I want to be 100% sure because I won't be at a computer when I find one, and I won't have time to trial and error it. That is why I am asking so many questions. Furthermore, "Just do what we have told you", I was asking something that hasn't been told yet.

15. Another World

Colombia
    run the dsi update on the dsi or run the dsl update on the dsl. the update takes about 10 seconds.

if you want to mess around then run the dsi update on the dsl or the dsl update on the dsi, and report back what happened.

-another world

16. belomeclone
    OP

United States
    If the DS doesn't have a charger, should I worry? I mean, I know it should be on AC Power or a fully, fully charged battery, but it shouldn't matter right?

17. DarkStriker

Norway
    Just put on the charger on the DSl...... If it tells you to charge more than half your battery, then let it charge...... Those updates usually has those warnings which is why you try it out before asking those random questions....

And use search. Google. Its been answered a tons of times. And if you couldnt find it, then most poeple were able to get it working after trying it out before asking.

EDIT: And if it doesnt have, then just do it without. Those warning is usually to make sure you dont end up bricking your system, or in this case bricking the Acekard which can be reverted.

18. belomeclone
    OP

United States
    No, see, I know that it should be charged. That's not why I asked. I have made my situation clear numerous times. I don't know what friend I can get a DS from, or if it will be a stranger. I want to make sure I'll be able to just pop in my Acekard, go to the file, press Start, update it, and then give them their DS back. My one friend has a DS, but he has to find it. If he finds it, it may not have a charger. So I am trying to make sure I am prepared. Obviously if it's on Red, I won't run it, but I think it should be fine, don't you?

19. Another World

Colombia
    if the ds is on red, don't do it. it really takes 10 seconds to flash so you won't have an issue even if the battery is mostly drained.

-another world

20. belomeclone
    OP

United States
    Hey Another World, thanks for your help. Hopefully my friend finds it and brings it to work tomorrow, because I hate being without my DS.