ROM Hack How do I undo 2.1.0 ctrtransfer and a9lh?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I haven't injected .app file yet. So, isn't it that I didn't install a9lh yet?
Considering your title, you already installed a9lh if you can boot into Hourglass9 by pressing and holding the Start button while booting your system. Update your system, then try to inject the FBI app.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But I haven't injected .app file yet. So, isn't it that I didn't install a9lh yet?
You can only inject FBI AFTER you update the system FW to latest.

1. Regardless of whether or not you did either of the above two steps, update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
    2. Yes this is safe, stop asking about it.
    • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
    • If this still gives you an error and your NAND is below 9.2.0, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer
Section V - Injecting FBI
  1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot

1. The guide says it in plain English.

JasonMoh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Considering your title, you already installed a9lh if you can boot into Hourglass9 by pressing and holding the Start button while booting your system. Update your system, then try to inject the FBI app.

Ok. I updated and ran the latest Hourglass9 and now I see the .app file and I was able to successfully inject it. Thank you for your help. I can revert back to sysnand v4.3.0-10U later if I want right?

You can only inject FBI AFTER you update the system FW to latest.

1. The guide says it in plain English.
Yeah. I skipped Section 4 Step 3 about updating because I was scared my sysnand v4.3.0-10U would permanently change. But it is fine now. I injected the .app file. You are right. The problem was that I skipped the updating step.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I updated and ran the latest Hourglass9 and now I see the .app file and I was able to successfully inject it. Thank you for your help. I can revert back to sysnand v4.3.0-10U later if I want right?

Yeah. I skipped Section 4 Step 3 about updating because I was scared my sysnand v4.3.0-10U would permanently change. But it is fine now. I injected the .app file.
Why in the world would you want to revert back? If you restored a 4.3 NAND backup, it wouldn't have FBI injected. If this is about Gateway, there's a way to use it with A9LH and tbh, Gateway is useless when you have A9LH installed.

Reactions: cravas

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Yeah. I skipped Section 4 Step 3 about updating because I was scared my sysnand v4.3.0-10U would permanently change. But it is fine now. I injected the .app file. You are right. The problem was that I skipped the updating step.
You can revert yes, but there is no need for it. Not with A9LH.
IF (and it's a big if) you ever want to uninstall A9LH, you can do a 9.2 CTR-Transfer and leave the console on the hackeable FW.

The guide was written to cover everything and errors only happen when people deviate from it.

Glad it worked out, ;)

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Now you can use gateway after you finish with https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: https://youtu.be/Fj6iNVQcik8?si=bZNKYT_0GwyYBWFC