Gaming How do I swap a BenQ for a Hitachi?

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a 360 with a BenQ drive, and I tried flashing it, messed up big time and lost the key for it, making it unusable on that 360. I've since bought a new 360 with a Hitachi drive and flashed that, and all went great. Backups work perfectly.

I've been thinking recently, though, and I think it might be a good idea to swap out my Hitachi for the quieter, easier to upgrade BenQ drive, but I'm not quite sure how I would do that. I downloaded the key.bin file when I was flashing my Hitachi drive; is that all I need? Lastly, do you think it's worth the trouble of opening 2 Xbox's and switching the drives for the benefits of a BenQ? Thanks in advance
smile.gif

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Benq drives are quieter and from what ive seen made a lot better. The benq drive is the best drive to have. it may not be worth the trouble though.

No you will have to spoof the benq drive as a Hitachi for it to work. jungleflasher has a guide that should tell ya how.

If you backup your own games u may want to keep the Hitachi drive in ur 360 for now. then u could flash your benq with 1.6 and use it to backup games you have.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kylsav said:
Benq drives are quieter and from what ive seen made a lot better. The benq drive is the best drive to have. it may not be worth the trouble though.

No you will have to spoof the benq drive as a Hitachi for it to work. jungleflasher has a guide that should tell ya how.

If you backup your own games u may want to keep the Hitachi drive in ur 360 for now. then u could flash your benq with 1.6 and use it to backup games you have.
That sounds like a great idea! Can I ask how that would be done?

I'd think I would need something to power the drive, so would I need to buy a connectivity kit or something similar? Lastly, once it's powered and connected to my PC, would I just treat it like a normal kreon drive or is there a different process I need to take?

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
kylsav said:

That sounds like a great idea! Can I ask how that would be done?

I'd think I would need something to power the drive, so would I need to buy a connectivity kit or something similar? Lastly, once it's powered and connected to my PC, would I just treat it like a normal kreon drive or is there a different process I need to take?

Im not exactly sure how it works i only have a Hitachi drive myself so i haven't tired it yet.

you said u had a bricked xbox 360? that xbox would work perfectly to power the benq drive so u wouldn't need a connectivity kit. just make sure the cases are touching so nothing gets fried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1