how do i setup new sky3ds+?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by dawnbomb, Jan 22, 2016.

1. dawnbomb
    OP

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    looking to settup it but im confused on info, i have my own private header and i don't know how or where to use it. i downloaded firmware 110 from the site and put it on the card but now what? sorry for clogging with more questions about things i should look up, but i just want to be sure on what to do with setting it up and private headers for online play.

2. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
  3. dawnbomb
    OP

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    yes i did, but were not using firmware v10 anymore, im on latest 3ds firmware on sky3ds firmware and i can't get roms to load / show on my 3ds, let alone getting started on using private headers.

i don't even know if i should be using a gamelist.bin anymore or not, or should i have game settings at 0 or 1 by default? (when first trying to get this to even work)

all i get is a green flashing light whenever it gets power

4. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by Mr.zzz, Jan 22, 2016
  5. dawnbomb
    OP

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    im trying to use a different SD card incase thats a issue but im having problems, how do i remove write protection on a micro SD that i format via a USB? every time i try to format with a microsd adapter for the SD slot now i just get write protection errors. but in USB it works perfectly fine.

6. dawnbomb
    OP

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    question, how do i put the private header into the cfg file? i need very specific instructions because im getting very confused with lots of conflicting information. feel free to start a private conversation with me someone to help me out.

7. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Getting the games to play
    all you have to do is put the .bin and your game into the root of your card.

Your done with getting the games to play
    For online continue

Settings file set up
    After you start up a game a files on the root of your sd card will be created. That's your overall settings. open it and change "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=x" to "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1"
    You are now done with the setting file save and exit. What this does is it makes it that every time you start up a game on the 3ds it will create a cfg file for it.

CFG file set up ( private header )
    After you did the settings file insert the sd back into the sky and into the 3ds. Start up the game and that should create a cfg file. If you want to edit multiple games you're going to have to start up the game first in order for it to create the cfg file for it. after that go back to computer and open that cfg file. It should look like this. Your numbers will obviously be different

CART_ID=YYXXXXX <- The YY is your cart manufacturer you will change that to whatever you're is. DONT TOUCH THE OTHER NUMBER
    ENC_TYPE=00000000
    ENC_SEED=66E19DD1F3D0FF3AC68781F932189DEE
    FLASH_ID=62261100
    GAMESAVE_KEY=HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <- this is the place that you put your private header. REPLACE WHATEVR NUMBERS ARE IN THE SPOT WITH YOUR HEADER.

What's my cart ID?

So you're probably wondering how do I know what my car manufacturer is. Well that's just going to be trail and error. It would be any of the following

C2 = Macronix
    AE= OKI Semiconductor
    45 = SanDisk

All you have to do is replace the first two digits in the cart ID with C2 or AE or 45. It's represented YY above. Save and close and your done. You have to replace the private header and the manufacturer ID for every CFG file that you want to go online with.

Last edited by Mr.zzz, Jan 23, 2016
  8. dawnbomb
    OP

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    yes but my header is a .bin file, i never bothered learning the exact header number because no ban no sky just injects it directly, how do i actually find out my header number out of its .bin file?

9. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    You're going to have to follow a guide of getting your private header don't turn it into a bin just highlight it copy it and save it someplace where you can then use it in your cfg files.He's the guide that I used

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/

10. dawnbomb
    OP

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    alright for those in the future confused as me heres my results on how i got it, cause i couldn't find this anywhere else. to get a header code (32 characters) from a .bin header file first download this hex editor from Cnet (a trusted sourced but its called HxD if you wanna get it elsewhere or the link becomes dead) http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Editor/3001-2352_4-10891068.html?hlndr=1&part=dl-HxDHexEdi

then download this blank .bin file (purely to assist your understanding its not necessary)

open it in HxD and you will notice the its first line is 32 characters in groups of 2 followed by a small line named Header Goes Here, note this first line and open up your own .bin header file with HxD, the those first 16 groups of 2 letter sets is your 32 character HEADER code. before to the right where Header Goes Here was, is now (most likly unless your very very lucky) gibberish, possibly in another language with symbols and crap. thats because in Hex, each letter is 2 characters, those characters you see to the left.

anyway that 32 character code is your header you were looking for, hopefully this helps others who didn't bother memorizing their header code and just made it into a BIN file for no ban no sky or other things. :)

edit: i have no idea why there is a giant gap after that link... i don't know why its there and its not in the edit / draft... bah.

Last edited by dawnbomb, Jan 23, 2016
  11. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    I have a question what method are you getting your private header. Cuz its not making any sense why you would make it into a .bin when you can just highlight copy and paste. Save it in a doc or a note anything you want. no need to memorize.

12. dawnbomb
    OP

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    when used with injecting tools i saved it as a .bin for injecting into sky3ds templates cause thats what no ban no sky or whatever tool i used called for, i didn't write the code to notepad and i destroyed the cart with a sledgehammer to make sure noone would ever somehow get my header for online play ;)

i imagine i can't be the only person to turn it into a bin file instead of saving it as a text document, when the injection program calls for a bin file.

13. hamstrman

hamstrman GBAtemp Regular

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    OK, I now have a question.

With the newest firmware no longer requiring gamelist.bin, how does this change things? Not at all?

Last edited by hamstrman, Jan 23, 2016
  14. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    You don't have to inject anything into the rom. The cfg file handles everything. Lmao I had the same idea to destroy it. But I didn't do it

And I'm sure it doesn't change anything really

15. hamstrman

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    Weirdly enough, no cfg file was created... I added a game to my SKY, played it as mentioned, it even created a SAV file, but no config!

I'll try a second game or something.

Mr.zzz likes this.
  16. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States

Did you first set the settings file to 1. You have to follow it in order

17. hamstrman

Mar 4, 2015
    United States
    The settings file was created when I first played a game and it was already set to 1. I assume then I have to try it again. Thanks.

18. Gjdakin

Gjdakin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    Brunei
    Hey Guys. How can I check if the private header changes were successful without going online to check it. I really don´t want to get banned :D

19. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    You start up a game create a save file. Open it with hex edit and your private header should be in it. I forgot exactly in what location but I'm sure it's the first line. But you shouldn't get banned as soon as you put in your private header if you can get online that means you're fine. If you can't then you still need to edit something. Only time you can get banned is if you use public headers

Last edited by Mr.zzz, Jan 24, 2016
  20. Gjdakin

Gjdakin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    Brunei

I opened the save file after I put my private header in the cfg File but couldn´t find any traces of my private header in it :(