how do i sell a jailbroken ps3 on ebay?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TherealDarknes, Feb 28, 2017.

1. TherealDarknes
    OP

TherealDarknes GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    i am selling a jailbroken ps3 and i was wondering if there was anything wrong with the way its set up like if i need more information on there or i need to install something onto it to make it more sellable

im not sure if i should link it but here goes http://www.ebay.com/itm/jailbroken-...866553?hash=item3d34625cb9:g:eiEAAOSwax5Ys0YM

is there anything to fix anything wrong does it need more pictures or does it need emulated games or something sorry about this

im just kind of worried i bought this thing and it had to be fixed and all that junk so when i was done with all of that i decided i should sell it instead so i could spend the extra bit it would cost to get a modded slim instead of a modded fat

Thank you in advance

2. MeAndHax

MeAndHax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    It's okay bro chill out xD

3. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    ok XD sorry im just paranoid

4. SmellyPirateMonkey

SmellyPirateMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2015
    United States
    Ebay likes to remove cfw console auctions. If that happens just list it as a 3.55 ps3 on official firmware.

MeAndHax likes this.
  5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Why not just sell it here? I mean is been done before and is not really any legal problems in this case right? But i guess on ebay, more potential buyers than this forum, so I mean not sure.:unsure:

flame1234 likes this.
  6. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    If worried about legality sell as a stock unit on 3.55 firmware. EBay won't remove/whatever this post because it now complies with there terms. Simply put selling the hacked unit isn't illegal but falls into a grey area that doesn't violate any laws but does violate tos for eBay and Sony. So by selling an unmodified device with no illegal software installed and no hack installed you avoid this entire legality mess.

7. MeAndHax

MeAndHax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    Fun fact: In PS3s TOS they say that you have to obtain the latest version as fast as possible.

8. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    When did they add it? Because I don't recall there being such a clause in the 3.55 ofw tos. But then I never really looked to closely

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Your openly admitting to selling pirated games, you wouldn't get away with that here or on Ebay if they see it.

gnmmarechal likes this.
  10. smf

smf GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    Yeah, normally ps3 on ebay sold as 3.55 will turn up with rebug and pirated games on it. It's not something that you would advertise.

I wouldn't buy a ps3 that the seller was scared to update to the latest version of rebug.

Last edited by smf, Mar 1, 2017
  11. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    I have never owned one of these before no idea how you would update

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Who says I pirated them?

12. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Further to this terms discussion I thought I would go read them, because I certainly know how to have a riveting Wednesday evening
    http://legaldoc.dl.playstation.net/ps3-eula/psn/e/e_tosua_en.html
    A good one
    "Do not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in the Software, the PSN or any of its products to obtain an unfair advantage;"
    That said I am not seeing the updates thing, the full section
    The refund thing is presumably after the otheros removal thing (not sure if there is a no class action one elsewhere as I type this), and the auto update thing (not the selection part but the other) has me curious as I am not sure I have seen that for owned devices before.

13. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    seriously though could someone link me to a reliable source of how to update rebug 4.75 to rebug 4.81 the next one im planing on buying is also at that firmware and i asked the guy why it wasn't on 4.81 and he told me it was more difficult to update to that and took more steps is he lying or is that true?

also are there any downsides to 4.81

14. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    Updating is easy.
    Place the Update file inside the PS3/UPDATE folder and start the system update via PS3.
    - You need to have the update files on an USB stick. And no downsides.

You can find the latest CFW files for the "REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION" firmware on the Rebug.me site.

15. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Ok
    Also this is why he told me he wants it on 4.75 rather than 4.81

"4.81 you need a to open 3 thing every time you want to play

You have to open rebug set it to cex then play with 4.75"

Is this true does this make any is he lying or rambling?

16. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    What the...?
    If it's true, he's just plain stupid. All you need to do,after a fresh install,is to activate Rebugmode inside the "Rebug Toolbox" After that you can launch your games trough MultiMan.
    And you don't have to set the console to "cex" you're installing a CEX Firmware,so it's already there.

- "then play with 4.75" Makes no sense at all, since you're updating to 4.81,so you're playing on a 4.81 console. You can even use PSNpatch to play online or to use the PSNStore.

So in short: Install CustomFirmware, enter Rebug Toolbox, set it to REBUG mode, activate MultiMan (only if it's disabled) and you're good to go.
    Takes around 5mins.~

Last edited by Zephir1991, Mar 2, 2017
  17. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    So do you think he's trustable to buy a ps3 from? As in would it be safe should I just make sure he records it and proves it works or find someone else?

18. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Advertise it as a "PS3 3.55 firmware" only.

Only people that know what they're doing/looking for in regards to PS3 modding will show interest and they will be able to pick up from where you left it.

A base firmware of 3.55 is essentially all a prospective PS3 hacker needs they'll work out the rest from there.

19. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    To late now I guess oh well

20. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    I asked him and he said his friend told him this and then asked if I wanted it updated to 4.81 so I think this guy is fairly trustable I'm asking for videos of the ps3 to make sure it works do you guys think buying from him I fine?