Hacking How do I play Mario Kart 7 online (retail cartridge)?

_dan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently have r4i gold 3ds deluxe running on version 2 software.
I tried to play online but it wants me to update my 3ds software. Is there a way I can play online using the r4i gold 3ds deluxe card?

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have an emunand already set up with the Mario Kart software update there's nothing you can do currently. Not even Gateway would let you play online with it until they release support for the latest firmware on emunand.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
thanks for your reply.
how would i go about getting the emunand set up with the mk software update?
you can't atm until gateway release a fix for 9.0 compatibility so you can get the eshop update.......as an alternative there is a version of mario kart available that has the eshop patch build in, so search 3ds.essh.co there is a us version and EU version labled V1, they dont need a update to play online

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
would I need a gateway to work with that version of mk7?
nope, works on any card

just for the record some of the info here about updating emunand etc doesnt apply to R4, it may not apply for a very long time if ever, as they dont have 7.x encryption so newer emunand version dont work for them (iirc they have removed emunand now.....not sure if they added it back again though).....but regardless its fairly useless on R4 atm

_dan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got mk7 'rev 1' is that the correct version? I cant get online with it get error code 002-0123 'you cannot use online services with this game card' is the message.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got mk7 'rev 1' is that the correct version? I cant get online with it get error code 002-0123 'you cannot use online services with this game card' is the message.

Yep don't forget to change the extention to .3dz after you've injected a header.

soniczeki

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I have a question.

I have a NTSC mk7 cartridge but my ntsc console death.

I have PAL gateway console. Can i play mk7 online in classic mode? :/ (i know update required but impossible)

Also i have 25k VR points. :/
sorry for bad english.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a question.

I have a NTSC mk7 cartridge but my ntsc console death.

I have PAL gateway console. Can i play mk7 online in classic mode? :/ (i know update required but impossible)

Also i have 25k VR points. :/
sorry for bad english.
USA carts should work online on an EUR console. Classic mode is region free, and Gateway supports the latest firmware now, you should be able to update and play.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I updated but not working? PAL eshop update can't recognise us game :S

You can't update through the EU eshop, but there's a rom with the update out there already, a USA one. That does work with an EU 3DS as it already has the update and works perfectly fine online.

soniczeki

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
You can't update through the EU eshop, but there's a rom with the update out there already, a USA one. That does work with an EU 3DS as it already has the update and works perfectly fine online.

I know but my save too important :( I played 1 year for 25k vr points.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah...i think he wants to use his old save it would all depend on if his cart was one with the update built in or not....im guessing if he is having issues its not in which case he wouldnt be able to use his save even if he tried to switch to a rom with the 1.1 update built in as the saves don't work between the revisions

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe you can find a save in another thread with all the stuff youve unlocked? I don't know what vr points are, anyways they're you're only options I believe sorry.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I updated but not working? PAL eshop update can't recognise us game :S
Oh right. Forgot about that. Well, you can dump your save and game, and inject the header from it into the ROM that includes the update so you will be able to use your own save.
Edit: If gamesquest1 is correct, then that wouldn't help you. Bummer I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5