How do I make my wii virgin again

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by yusuo, Oct 19, 2010.

Oct 19, 2010

How do I make my wii virgin again by yusuo at 5:02 PM (2,025 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. yusuo
    OP

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    After doing my wii way back when with the twilight hack, i'm thinking about cleaning up and the best way to do that is by starting from scratch so what I would like to know is, is there a tutorial for turning a 4.2e wii back into a virgin wii. and wipe off everything ive done already.

Please someone help

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Use ModMii (from my signature) to rehack your Wii as if it were a virgin. You do not need to "revirginize" it to rehack it or update its softmods.

In fact, "revirgizing" a Wii is impossible and potentially dangerous, for more info on why this is so, read this: http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-wind...t&p=3028841

3. yusuo
    OP

United Kingdom
    thats cool, but will it remove all currently installed cios's,

4. XFlak

Canada
    It will overwrite your old cIOSs with newer ones.

FYI, there's no point in deleting cIOSs anyways, rather than delete them and have all the apps that use them stop working... just stop using those apps! Having a cIOS installed on your console will not do you any harm, especially if you don't use homebrew requiring a cIOS!

5. yusuo
    OP

United Kingdom
    ive got modmii now, and ive chosen to download recommended cios, ios etc and ios236 as per the hack guide, there all in wads will that make a difference, will they still overwrite the old ones

6. XFlak

Canada
    use the ModMii Wizard "W", tell it that your Wii is a virgin, even if its not, then follow the guide.

The IOS236 wad available for download from ModMii's DL page 1, does NOT have the version patch, so it cannot be used to downgrade other IOSs. But if u use the ModMii Wizard, it will download the IOS236 Installer (also available in DL page 2) which does install an IOS236 with the version patch. So basically, use the ModMii Wizard "W", tell it that your Wii is a virgin, even if its not, then follow the guide.